could Palhares beat hendricks easy?

I'd put my money on Paul Harris. Hendricks' style is made for Rousimar to beat.
Hendricks clinches, Palhares drops for a heel hook, game over. Johny's only chance is to land that big shot early.

I'd imagine it would look a lot like the Pierce fight.

On a side note, do you think Palhares has a chance to get back to the UFC if he keeps tearing it up at WSOF?

i dont think hendricks is an easy fight for anyone

I'd put my money on Paul Harris. Hendricks' style is made for Rousimar to beat.
Hendricks clinches, Palhares drops for a heel hook, game over. Johny's only chance is to land that big shot early.

I'd imagine it would look a lot like the Pierce fight.

On a side note, do you think Palhares has a chance to get back to the UFC if he keeps tearing it up at WSOF?

i think its clear that as dangerous as palhares' one move is,his potential has a ceiling. he's been stopped by plenty of lesser fighters than hendricks

i think its clear that as dangerous as palhares' one move is,his potential has a ceiling. he's been stopped by plenty of lesser fighters than hendricks

Hendricks is just so similar to Pierce that I'd give Rousimar a pretty good chance.
Paul Harris isn't the most consistent fighter though.

Paul Harris is always a tough and dangerous challenge to anyone, but at this point I think Hendricks KO's him in the 1st round, easy.

I can't believe he still gets hyped like this. Remember when Alan Belcher tooled the fuck out of this guy?

He could if Hendricks gave him his leg but that wouldn't happen

Hendricks wins in any position. Just one touch from that left hand and its lights out. That left hand is filled with Gods power and is truly a magical thing.

Easy? No. Most of Palhares's best work is done from top. It is unlikely that he would ever be able to play top game against Hendricks. Plus, if Hendricks decided to stand, Palhares isn't getting him down-- the thought is laughable.

Bear in mind that taking down and submitting "well-rounded grinders" is different from taking down and submitting an NCAA Champion who trains under Marc Laimon.

I give him some chance to catch a sub from the bottom if Hendricks wanted to wrestle him, though not much.

Palhares is obviously dangerous when not ontop as well and I think that's what makes him a bad matchup for someone like Pierce who depends a lot on controlling opponents. Generally I think WW is a good division for an aggressive BJJ fighter as it contains quite a few controlling wrestling as with saw with Maia.

Theres a big difference between being a good offencive wrestler and being able to totally avoid the ground if need be. A lot of a wrestlers takedown defence is naturally his own takedown offence, that is if an opponent pushes too hard for a takedown he'll simply take them down. Avoiding the ground entirely is a very different skill and involves being able to control distance, time your striking and anticipate an opponents takedown attempts whilst punishing them with striking.

Hendricks is different from these other guys in that he can clearly do these things as we saw vs GSP so is a much worse matchup for Palhares or indeed Maia.

Palhares would get KO'd. He wouldn't be able to get the takedown and would get dominated standing

Easy? No. Most of Palhares's best work is done from top. It is unlikely that he would ever be able to play top game against Hendricks. Plus, if Hendricks decided to stand, Palhares isn't getting him down-- the thought is laughable.

Palhares doesnt need to take you down, if he is allowed to pull guard and wrap your leg, he will setup his heel hook while you are still standing.

With that said, I think Hendricks could beat him and stay out of Palhares' guard... i also dont think Palhares could takedown Hendricks and fight from the top.

I will never forget Mike Pierce talking shit about Palhares being a one trick pony. Only to get his leg ripped off. He deserved that injury. If you are serious about your health, don't talk shit about Palhares unless you can back it up.

Any given day someone can get a quick win. But my money is on Hendricks

He could beat any non-greased up fighter on a given night. I'm not surprised with some of the "no" responses here though, UFC champions always get put on an unbeatable pedestal, no matter how many fights they lost or came close to losing.

The myth of Paul Harris.

Who has he ever beaten?

He's a bully plain and simple. He'd just as soon sprout wings, as get Hendricks to the ground.

After eating a couple lefts, Palhares would be looking for a way out... just like he always does.

Back