Could Nick Diaz beat Bisping at 185?

These guys are very similar (to me), as trash talking high volume strikers who blow their biggest fights. Bisping is more technically sound, but Diaz has the stronger chin. However, Diaz is not a KO artist, and he is not as cerebral enough to avoid a smart game plan. I'd favor Bisping by a decent margin.

That'd be good fight. I'd slightly favor Bisping.

Not likely. Bisping has way too much of a gas tank and a well-rounded game to be very vulnerable to Nick's pace or style. He also isn't dwarfed by him. Bisping could very potentially out-strike him with his more varied arsenal or he could go the easy route by mixing in some TDs to win a very clear decision victory. Easy fight for Bisping.

Easily. Nick could possibly stop him with strikes.

i dont see nick diaz being effective against any top 5 ranked fighter at featherweight and above. There may be select few top 10 guys he could beat but not many. At middleweight bisping or kennedy would be a match worth making but hed likely lose.

Nick Diaz does not adapt to survive. Hes very stubborn and thats why he hasnt been fighting and thats why hes losing money. hes very slow and just wants to stand close to you and paw you. Id say it would be very easy for fighters to break his style. Fighters that want to beat him at his own style are the only ones that he would have a chance beating. Bisping would be the biggest name that he could maybe beat

Sounds like this fight has to happen since half of you will be utterly disgraced with how wrong you are.

You talk about Diaz like he's not on a 0-2 streak at the moment.

Go ahead. Mention who he's lost to.

that's who he should be fighting instead of a goat

Would be a great back-and-forth battle, but I see Nick coming out with the victory.

I think Bisping would be forced to trade with Nick and Nick will win the exchanges and Bisping will start to slow down from the punishment.

Bisping has some good cardio, I know, but taking that kind of punishment will slow you down, especially when your opponent is constantly looking to drill you with shots to the midsection. Bisping has good cardio, but Nick's is definitely better and usually fights at a higher pace than Bisping does. Bisping has had some fights where he's used tons and tons of volume, but pretty much Nick's entire career has been like that. Nick can take the punishment and dish it back out, I'm not sure if Bisping will be able to do that. It's going to be a back-and-forth war until somebody falls, and I believe Bisping will be the one that falls. You are not going to out-cardio or out-brawl Nick Diaz. You just aren't. He's going to win that every single time and I think Nick gets into his head and Bisping will be forced to exchange with him and Nick will eventually just start smacking him around.

Bisping can fight a high pace, but I'm not sure if he'd be able to fight and be successful at Nick's pace.

If Nick sees you're slowing down, he will pour it on and odds are you're going to either get beaten down the whole time, or you're going to crack and not be able to take the punishment.

I think Nick forces a brawl and Bisping slowly but surely starts to wilt. I don't see Bisping being able to stay off the fence for the entire fight and I think Nick would get into his head and make him emotional, and it will only make things worse for Bisping because he will get sucked into Nick's kind of fight and you are not going to beat Nick that way.

Bisping can still pull it off though. It depends on how he shows up. If he tries to go at a very high pace and trade with Nick, he's going to get smacked up. If he uses that footwork and cuts the angles, stays at range and keeps Nick at bay with kicks (leg kicks, front kicks to the head and body) and straight punches, he could take it. He will really have to mix it up to keep Nick off of him. If Nick can successfully close the distance, it's going to be a bad night for The Count.

So, I take Nick either KO/TKO late in the fight, or it will go to decision and Nick will take the UD. I don't see Bisping being able to keep Nick off of him and I think he'll slowly get sucked into a brawl and Nick will light him up.

i'm thinking Bisping could take him down at will.

i'm thinking Bisping could take him down at will.

GSP 9/16 takedowns and he's epic with them. Bisping might get 1-2. That might even be the tide-swing... but I doubt it.

I'd very much like to see this fight, in England no less.

Bisping wins via mixing striking and take Downs.

Bisbing is getting older, more chinny, and slower. Can he run circles around Diaz and avoid some exchanges? He doesn't have the speed Condit does.

People are saying that Bisbing is a better technical boxer... I'm not sure about that. Bisbing has better footwork but he can't trade in the pocket like Diaz can.

It's an intriguing fight that they should make once Diaz loses to Anderson.

Good fight and I'd love to see it happen.
Nick via being more durable. I could see him getting the TKO.

I've always thought they were similar, with diaz having the better jitz and bisping the better tdd. I'd go with Bisping by a comfortable decision though. Hes a much more technical striker, and a bigger guy.
Short of choosing to just stand in pocket and throw, its hard to see any top 5 LW or above (and a few FWs) lose to diaz. The guy is massively over rated.
All that said though, Diaz vs Mousasi would be a hell of a fight to watch

They do fight at certain weight class for a reason. Diaz is a natural WW. Bisping can comfortably fight at LHW. This isn't open weight GP.

Back