Could MMA work if strikes to the head were not allowed?

I'd say it'd be better if MMA orgs banned weight cutting and would fighters who aren't fully hydrated not allow to fight.

Plus you could ban fighters from fighting after having a certain number of headstrikes absorbed during their career (let's say a thousand for the sake of the argument) inside a top org like the UFC.

kicks and knees to the head were allowed, its punches to the head what wasn´t allowed

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I remember downloading some old Pride dvd ages ago, and sitting there watching these dudes standing in front of each other, throwing 10-punch combos to the sternum, and being like, "huh... that was strange"

I'd say it'd be better if MMA orgs banned weight cutting and would fighters who aren't fully hydrated not allow to fight.

Plus you could ban fighters from fighting after having a certain number of headstrikes absorbed during their career (let's say a thousand for the sake of the argument) inside a top org like the UFC.

What about this.. each fighter only gets to land 10 punches or kicks to the head per fight. After they run out, they can only use body shots and grappling.

What about this.. each fighter only gets to land 10 punches or kicks to the head per fight. After they run out, they can only use body shots and grappling.
Sounds better, but i'm still not sure if i'd completely agree with it.

Yeah that’s fair cause 10 headshots from Francis is the same as 10 head shots from a flyweight

what makes more sense is yur allowed to get hit X times on the head and then you lose when you hit the limit .. not the other way around... n that doesn’t make sense either cause not all punches are the same damage.

just bleed is the bes solution

Just got to thinking about this.

I like mma obviously. But I don't like that these fighters get cte and never make the big bucks and have a hard time retiring. It's like they are used and abused and dumped. I might feel better about this if they made millions, but even so, cte may not be worth it.

I would really be able to sleep better knowing these fighters were not getting cte.

So what say you? Should Dana ban kicks and punches to the head ? Could mma work with these new rules ?

So Pancrase?

I think they had open palm strikes to the head though

Just got to thinking about this.

I like mma obviously. But I don't like that these fighters get cte and never make the big bucks and have a hard time retiring. It's like they are used and abused and dumped. I might feel better about this if they made millions, but even so, cte may not be worth it.

I would really be able to sleep better knowing these fighters were not getting cte.

So what say you? Should Dana ban kicks and punches to the head ? Could mma work with these new rules ?
Never read your unique sort of nuts. Maybe something to have checked out.

You couldn’t use closed fist punches in pancrase and they still managed to put on good fights

should be whoever looks best at weigh-in wins
Kinda like body building but both more drained obviously. Could use some of the poses too to fully establish who the champ is

Combat jiu-jitsu is an abomination it just turns into a slapping contest. Hideous and dumb.

Lol TS... Anyway, have you seen the karate fights they used to put in Pride cards? No grappling or clinching, but it was all body shots and leg kicks, no head shots allowed, plus no gloves. Pretty strange to watch honestly. But also kind of cool I guess.

I also think combat jiu jitsu with the grappling + open slaps is pretty cool. I would be in favor of the UFC sprinkling in some mixed rules bouts like that for fun, once in a while, but of course it isn't going to happen.

Your idea is pointless and of course would pretty much kill the sport. The ground with no headshots would be much less entertaining, and the standup would just be weird, as you can see. It goes against the entire spirit of what mma was conceived to be.

Plus, do you really want boxers to call us cucks and tell us they have the more realistic combat sport, and that mma champions can't take headshots? Whose side are you on man?

Good Post!

Also that Karate fight starts off like Yoel and Izzy, but then they both end up clocking each other in the face accidentally 2 minutes in haha ... We'd see so many DQ's from accidental KO's. Imagine Francis Ngannou trying not to hit you in the face.

Also, stupid question here, but why don't they have to wear headguards?

You couldn’t use closed fist punches in pancrase and they still managed to put on good fights
Palm Strikes. I can't ever see them going all the way to having no hits to the face but palm strikes is a good compromise. Granted being able to throw combinations without being able to punch the face would be non existent.

Your hero Conor might never win another fight again with those rules.

Back