Could judo throws be the key to UFC stardom and jump starting Japanese market?

GSP_37

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Ronda is UFC's biggest most beloved star according to Dana, and she does judo throws like a master. Japanese fans are sophisticated and quietly appreciate technique. Judo throws are very cool and dynamic and much cooler to watch than say BJJ guard pass or omoplata attempt.

Sexyama Akiyama is a big star in Korea and Japan they say, and he does great judo trips.

Pretty much every Sherdog judo thread ends up having people go gaga and post GIF's of spectacular technique that everyone loves.

SHW division.

Then the Japanese market would love it.

(As would I)

SHW division.

Then the Japanese market would love it.

(As would I)

If Super Hluks like Hong Man Choi, Giant Silva, Akebono, Brock Lesnar had high level MMA skill, I'd want to watch. Otherwise, not really excited about watching another bout like Jose Canseco running away from Hong Man Choi, but would be interested in watching Herschel Walker use Jose Canseco as a training dummy, assuming Jose lost a bit of his 40 homerun 40 stolen bases speed and Herschel can catch him if Jose runs.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeter

The human eye is usually pleased when things fly in the air dynamically. Tosses in judo and wrestling are quite impressive especially if the opponent appears much larger. It's like fireworks in the sky. :icon_lol:

Back