Could Jim Miller Make 145?

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Simple question. He looked at his best last night, but the fact stands that when he faced a top 5er in the division, he takes an L. I think he could find alot more success at 145, if he could make the drop.

What do you guys think?

I don't know if he could make 145. I do know that he could cause problems in that division. I always like seeing him fight and would be happy with him at 145/155.

Probably could in theory, but it's not like he's getting outmuscled so I don't see the need. He beat Tibau who's the biggest strongest fighter in the division.

Yes. He's never missed weight and looks to be about medium sized as far as 155ers go.

what's the fascination with wanting guys to drop weight divisions?

And regarding Miller pretty sure in a Fuel TV interview, he was asked the same question on potentially fighting at Featherweight he said getting to LW was enough of a struggle.

**Think Miller did fight once as a Featherweight earlier in his career and Jim said getting to 145 was a tough cut

I am not sure he could or could not, I would think if he had to he could but who knows.

and why bring this up after Miller's coming off a big win over Lauzon.

He walks around at about 180-190 so no I'd say he's gunna stay at LW

Top 10 isn't good enough? He's an awesome fighter and he looked terrific last night. He's lost to Gray, Bendo, Frankie and Nate. 4 top guys. He's a damn beast and shouldn't think about dropping down.

he doesnt look that big, but she does say he can get up to 180-190

A call for a fighter to drop after a win? Don't see that everyday. If anyone should drop it's Lauzon. He'd have the best BJJ at featherweight.

Didn't he get a kidney infection when he cut for the bendo fight?
Yeah, probably a good move to stay at 155.

He has expressed disdain throughout his career for the WEC weight classes so no

miller is way to stocky. lauzon could probably make 145. the end all to being a great fighter isnt cutting weight; just improve on your weaknesses.

Back