Could Gus do it again?

Anyone who knows anything knows Gustafsson is the best LHW there has ever been. Most people already thought he beat the p4p1 fighter on the planet and he is getting better everyday in a faster pace than any other LHW. Rumble might be close.

Yes he could.
But he's pulled a potential short straw, here. Styles make fights and Rumble might have the style to send him down the pecking order for a few fights.

1 - The last time around Jones had 5 rounds to figure Gus out and start taking rounds in dominating fashion. He couldn't. He got beat up and only has the belt now because of an extremely controversial decision. This is not opinion - it's what actually happened.

2 - If you believe that Jones will win the rematch. You have to believe that he will be able to change the things that went wrong for him.

a) he couldn't dictate when and where the fight took place because of his slow, plodding footwork - this is also the reason his wrestling was almost completely shut down

b) his boxing skill was shown to be mediocre, much inferior to Gustafsson's

Now if you're one of those guys who just blurts out "Jones destroys Gus in rematch", ask yourself this:

Do you honestly think that Jones will come into the rematch with vastly improved boxing and footwork?

..because if he doesn't, Gus is winning that rematch.

Gus had a lot of things going in his favor going into that fight.

-Gus stuffed almost all of Jones' takedown.
-Gus had the takedown surprise factor off catching a Jones kick.
-Gus cut jones early in the 1st round.
-Gus was up 2-1 heading into the championship rounds

Things definitely went his way, but Jones still came out on top.

He got beat up and only has the belt now because of an extremely controversial decision. This is not opinion - it's what actually happened.

might be because of this too

jon-jones-spinning-elbow.gif

might be because of this too

jon-jones-spinning-elbow.gif

Yes exactly: Jones stole the round with this one great elbow plus 2-3 significant follow up shots. It was a BS decision that most fans don't consider legitimate, sorry.

And if you're banking on Jones winning the rematch with this sort of stuff rather than by actually controlling the rounds then you are living in dream land.

I think that DC is the best talent at LHW and I would bet that he wouldn't need any blind spinning shit to eek out a decision vs Gus. I would expect him to take that fight by dominating rounds, controlling the action.
http://forums.sherdog.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

If you think Gus had "the fight of his life" at such a young age, then you're clearly dumb as a turtle.

For him it was a learning experience, the first titlefight of his young career and only the third camp for a 5 round fight, one of those camps led to Mousasi facing Ilir, so he got no experience from that.

And at the time, Jones had like 4 titlefights under his belt, and had prepared for 5 rounds time upon time again, we've never seen the Jones who looked like he was gassing vs. Bonnar since.

Obviously fighters evolve alot once they reach a new level. The fact that Gustafsson could make the fight so close despite Jones' championship level experience goes to show that it's a very real possibility that Gustafssons potential is higher and that he will evolve past Jones who looked like he had plateaued when he fought Glover, who is not a very complex fighter and who also suffered an injury to his dominant arm very early in the bout.

Gus takes the rematch with a finish.

What the fuck...? Manuwa, hammil, diabate, tehuna were flailing wildly?

Fuck off with that nonsense, son.

Also, if anything, I'd expect gustafsson to win even more convincingly.

Jones won the first fight.

Yes exactly: Jones stole the round with this one great elbow plus 2-3 significant follow up shots. It was a BS decision that most fans don't consider legitimate, sorry.

And if you're banking on Jones winning the rematch with this sort of stuff rather than by actually controlling the rounds then you are living in dream land.

I think that DC is the best talent at LHW and I would bet that he wouldn't need any blind spinning shit to eek out a decision vs Gus. I would expect him to take that fight by dominating rounds, controlling the action.

Please. It was not a bs decision. At all. Most knowledgeable people including the vast majority of mma media who do not have an agenda like Gus fans such as yourself had Jones winning. Learn to be objective and score mma or fuck off.

Jones won the first fight.

Maybe write that on your facebook wall where there might be people who don't know, instead of in an MMA-forum where everyone is rolling their eyes at you for not contributing jack shit to the discussion? :rolleyes:

I think he could beat Jones in a rematch. I think the top 3 LHW are very close together in terms of skill and each could beat the other on any given night.

Please. It was not a bs decision. At all. Most knowledgeable people including the vast majority of mma media who do not have an agenda like Gus fans such as yourself had Jones winning. Learn to be objective and score mma or fuck off.

So because he believes Gus won the fight, he's a biased fan with an agenda?

Because he has a different opinion than yours, his obviously can't be legitimate?

because YOU are the end all be all of MMA judging and you know some shit that we don't?

Well hello, God, so pleased to finally meet you.

Back in reality though, the damage done to Jones was exponentially worse than what Gustafsson suffered from the attacks of Jones. If you know what martial arts is about, you'll know what this means.

While they were in the cage, it certainly looked alot closer, and it's not a surprise the decision went the way it did, with the quality of judging known throughout MMA.

But the fact of the matter is that if a judge was GREAT and had superior knowledge regarding how to determine how much damage was made, compared to the fans and thus was able to realize who was the more effective fighter, then he clearly would've given alot more points to Gustafsson.

Meaning; Yeah Jones won, but if the judges weren't human and could really tell how much effect each attack had, then Gustafsson wins.

And he'll prove it in the rematch.

Agree with your opinion 'or fuck off'?... that's some high level discourse.

So because he believes Gus won the fight, he's a biased fan with an agenda?

Because he has a different opinion than yours, his obviously can't be legitimate?

because YOU are the end all be all of MMA judging and you know some shit that we don't?

Well hello, God, so pleased to finally meet you.

Back in reality though, the damage done to Jones was exponentially worse than what Gustafsson suffered from the attacks of Jones. If you know what martial arts is about, you'll know what this means.

While they were in the cage, it certainly looked alot closer, and it's not a surprise the decision went the way it did, with the quality of judging known throughout MMA.

But the fact of the matter is that if a judge was GREAT and had superior knowledge regarding how to determine how much damage was made, compared to the fans and thus was able to realize who was the more effective fighter, then he clearly would've given alot more points to Gustafsson.

Meaning; Yeah Jones won, but if the judges weren't human and could really tell how much effect each attack had, then Gustafsson wins.

And he'll prove it in the rematch.

No, the fact that he dismisses the vast majority of media scoring it for Jones and pretends that only people who scored it for Gus made the "Right" decision shows his opinion in a very biased light. As well as speaking for "the majority" of fans.

Anyone who doesn't see it as a close fight with an argument for either guy winning is biased as all hell.

Excellent point. Most jones nut huggers claim that gustafsson was fortunate to have such a close fight that night, when in reality the only person who had fortune was jones, spamming that elbow all night, then finally getting lucky and landing it.

Can you provide one example where Jones' fanboys rewrote history in his favor ?

Claiming that jones overlooked gustafsson, that no one thought gustafsson would perform as well as he did, that jones did not prepare correctly for this fight, he was not motivated....so on and so forth.

Claiming that jones overlooked gustafsson, that no one thought gustafsson would perform as well as he did, that jones did not prepare correctly for this fight, he was not motivated....so on and so forth.

There's far more people rewriting history by claiming that Gus was robbed, that it wasn't a close fight, or that Jones was "lucky" in landing the elbow.

Gus will always be a ttough fight for Jones, he got taken down by Gus. Outboxed, its different for Jones when he fighs someone his own size and almost on the same level as him, he always enjoys a huge size advantage over his opponents.
Jon didn't know what todo when he started to get outboxed. After the fight he was so fucked up, you can see it when hes walking backstage.

I don't know what will happen in the rematch, but based on the first fight I have to give Jones a slight edge because I think he will change things up more than Gus will and he will win more dominantly.

But one thing I believe is you can't bring up what happened back stage after the fight, that is totally irrelevant, what matters is what happened during the fight and when they announced the winner, it really irrelevant to bring up how Jones looked when he went home or back stage or whatever, its silly.

Maybe write that on your facebook wall where there might be people who don't know, instead of in an MMA-forum where everyone is rolling their eyes at you for not contributing jack shit to the discussion? :rolleyes:

Unlike you who made a very worthy contribution to the discussion with this post right ? :p

Unlike you who made a very worthy contribution to the discussion with this post right ? :p

Equal to what you just did, that's for sure.

I contributed before that atleast, rather than dropping in solely to mention what everyone knows.

No, the fact that he dismisses the vast majority of media scoring it for Jones and pretends that only people who scored it for Gus made the "Right" decision shows his opinion in a very biased light. As well as speaking for "the majority" of fans.

Anyone who doesn't see it as a close fight with an argument for either guy winning is biased as all hell.

33e0977.jpg

Back