Could Gus do it again?

I have a feeling Gus has probably improved more since their first fight than JJ has. This is just speculation of course.

I'm not saying he hasn't, but I'm just what in particular makes you think so? Jones seems to bring a whole new aspect to his style practically every fight. In his last fight with Glover he displayed a whole new range of strikes while right in Glovers face, all the while avoiding his counters. Which was quite interesting seeing as how Jones' reach is often brought up as his main weapon. But it seems like he's constantly showing that he has new tools in all aspects of the game every time we see him.

Of course. Gus is always improving and his style is a tough matchup for Jones. That elbow really skewed the way people looked at the fight. Gus was hurt but he defended brilliantly and recovered quickly.

I thought Gus won the first and would back him in a rematch.

It depends. We've seen how both men fight each other and a re-match would be identical IMO. If DC does damage striking with Bones then Gus will beat Bones up in the re-match. If Gus looks sloppy vs Rumble or losses, than we can forget a Bones/Gus re-match

What the fuck...? Manuwa, hammil, diabate, tehuna were flailing wildly?

Fuck off with that nonsense, son.

Also, if anything, I'd expect gustafsson to win even more convincingly.

This. Gustafsson by TKO/KO, already have an account bet on it with Fallon Fox Goat. We may have to wait a while though if DC does manage to beat Jones, especially if Rumble ends up beating Gus (which I don't see at all but Rumble has the power to shut the lights out of anybody).

No.

He will get better but Jones will get much more better b4 their next fight.

Don't think it would go to a decision if they had a rematch but I'm pretty confident Jon Jones would win again but with a better performance, the element of surprise is what caught Jones off guard. None of us thought it would play out like that and neither did Jones now that he knows what Alexander is capable of it will be a different fight then what we saw in there first one. That's my two cents I could be completely wrong lol.

Don't think it would go to a decision if they had a rematch but I'm pretty confident Jon Jones would win again but with a better performance, the element of surprise is what caught Jones off guard. None of us thought it would play out like that and neither did Jones now that he knows what Alexander is capable of it will be a different fight then what we saw in there first one. That's my two cents I could be completely wrong lol.

Not sure what you mean by element of surprise. Wasn't even surprised with what Gus did myself, though I was expecting him to pull off a tko victory.

I think it's funny when people claim that Jones wasn't ready for Gus. It's like people honestly believe that Jones was surprised by Gus trying to hit him.

I have a feeling Greg Jackson will come up with some master gameplay that will stifle Gus. I am not a fan of Jones but I think he will win again. (Though I thought Gus won their fight)

Yes, he will perform even better. His confidence will be high seeing that he has almost beat Jones. Gus has to pass through Rumble though and that's not an easy feat to achieve.

The elbow was the only significant thing that happened in the round. Which is why jones won it. Even the first three rounds, I only gave one of them to gus with the other two being draws. To say gus significantly won any of the rounds isn't what I personally watched. At best gus gets a draw, and that's if I had to choose a fighter to give the even rounds too.

Jones doesn't utilize a strong grappling first strategy. The reason why Gus had success is mostly a good stylistic match up along with being able to use his reach well. Fact is davis showed a weakness in his game and helped him improve. The weakness jones showed was weak boxing fundamental defense, which is not something he doesn't know.

I think overall jones needs to improve punch defense and Gus to improve I'm his array of attack. If jones can have him guessing and spam him again we might see a similar results.

But IMO gus gets shutout and submitted in the 4th by dc

This. Gustafsson by TKO/KO, already have an account bet on it with Fallon Fox Goat. We may have to wait a while though if DC does manage to beat Jones, especially if Rumble ends up beating Gus (which I don't see at all but Rumble has the power to shut the lights out of anybody).

I got Jones via sub.

We still have to discuss the finer details of the account bet, but there's plenty of time for that.

You will be missed.

Jones will finish Gus early next time. Jones came in injured and said it himself. It will look like a whole different match up.

Jones will finish Gus early next time. Jones came in injured and said it himself. It will look like a whole different match up.

hahah yeah he came in injured huh ? There are plenty of pre ufc 165 interviews and media, stop smokin that shit u smoke and go watch those instead.
What happened was he met someone who was his match plain and simple.

What the fuck...? Manuwa, hammil, diabate, tehuna were flailing wildly?

Fuck off with that nonsense, son.

Also, if anything, I'd expect gustafsson to win even more convincingly.

Sums it up pretty well. And olololz at claiming Diabate flails wildly.

He'll do it a lot more convincingly next time.

Back