Could Gus come in as a slight favorite against Jones this time?

SoshiSone

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Rather than a massive underdog? Or would it still be Jones favored but not as much as the last odds.

Pretty sure Jones was something like a 2.5:1 favorite when odds for the 2nd fight were posted.

No, maybe because he got beat the last time ?

If Sonnen wasn't the favorite heading into the rematch with Silva, what makes you think Gus will be for this?

BetOnline opened Gus at +145. Money came in on Jones pushing Gus up to +265. I see odds settling more in the +200 to +225 range for Gus.

If Sonnen wasn't the favorite heading into the rematch with Silva, what makes you think Gus will be for this?

Well, seeing as Sonnen was ultimately finished that's why I believe he wasn't a favorite coming in.

Gus fought a very very close fight in which people thought he won.

I doubt it.

People said the same thing about Sonnen but even he was an underdog against Anderson.

At the end of the day, people will and should give guys like Jones/Silva some benefit of the doubt.

Why? Only an idiot would put him as the favorite in the second match when he lost the first.

1. he lost the first.
2. since that fight, JJ beat a fighter of a way higher ranked than Gus did.

Well, seeing as Sonnen was ultimately finished that's why I believe he wasn't a favorite coming in.

Gus fought a very very close fight in which people thought he won.

Having a close fight but still losing a decision as compared to Sonnen who was winning 4.5 rounds and got caught within the last 2 minutes

And yea people on sherdog and bjpenn dot com thought gus won, that is it

as far as Sherdog is concerned, Gus has already won the 2nd fight and is looking ahead to his first defense against...

Tito-Ortiz-UFC-148-Pre-Press-9081.jpg

are you out of your mind ts ? jones is a dominant champion and he won the first fight. i would have jones as a favourite even if the dec would go to gus the first time.

3 - 1 for jon jones that's crazy odds. Regardless of who you thought wont the first fight, everyone agrees it was really close.

Jones should be the favorite though. I am going to bet money on gus right now. I think once people have time to rewatch the first fight and analyze it a bit, maybe the money will start coming in on gus.

Lol 0% chance, I'll bet anything it's closer to 3-1 or 2.5-1 atleast for Jones, in fact I bet money moves it more in jones favor by fight night.

Back