Could Glover Dominate Izzy on the ground?

What makes you think I didn't? I was responding to someone saying DC had 0 success, that Gif proves otherwise.

That's all there is to it, calm your socks.

He had zero success.

Jones had stuffed him the entire round and only got picked up when he stopped defending.

Also, that shouldn't even count as TD because Cormier didn't have control when Jones hit the ground.

He had zero success.

Jones had stuffed him the entire round and only got picked up when he stopped defending.

Also, that shouldn't even count as TD because Cormier didn't have control when Jones hit the ground.
He didn't have 0 success he got high crotched lifted up and put down, barely anyone has or could do that to Jones, that's some success in my book, you're just being pedantic. Why do you care so much?

Could be, he is a good 20lbs heavier easy, the difficult thing would be to lay hands on him first.

Whatever assesment yo make on Glover and Davis, keep in mind 40y.o. Glover is fighting for #1 contender status.
Both got tooled by rumble lol
I guess compared to Jones in his prime, they are mediocre. But we dont have plenty of prime Jones in tittle contention at LHW today. Not even remotely close.

Davis took Glover to school ffs

i guess this aged kinda well lol..ground work glover is a problem. He will probably be fighting izzy next

His balance is outrageous and against the cage he's full of tricks, with that leg span/width he's so hard to take down, like Jones is.. will take a lot of strength and technique to get him down, and I think would have to come once Izzy was tired and in deep waters... A lot would have to going right for them pull it off..

686daaf2bd1c8c4b08ba63194a2c81f5.gif
MatureNarrowHawaiianmonkseal-max-1mb.gif
Length isnt a determining factor in takedown defence.

It can work both ways because he is so lanky getting a single leg for example can be easier as his legs are tall and they wont have as much weight on it compared to a short stocky person which can be harder to shoot on because you have to change levels lower

I dont think he would

Izzy probably has an underrated ground game, His takedown defence is legit and he can scramble well and get back up to his feet well.

It can be hard to take Izzy down because he has good footwork and strikes however its highly unlikely that throughout a long fight both fighters wont be close enough together for one guy to be able to shoot in

Glover subs Gynobender 8/10.

Gynobender has a puncher's chance tho.

I haven't seen anyone come in with a gameplan to straight up grapplef him. It's been overly pacing or brawling. Izzy is the best striker in the UFC, yet all choose to stand with him.

His bottom game is completely untested in difficult situations. His TDD hasn't been tested much. Maybe tried 1 or 2 subs that weren't close.

I'd hope some of these dudes at least try. He's the new Spider without Sonnen, Leites or Lutter, but with guys who can do a lot of things, yet choose to brawl with him or just wait not to gas. Some horrible gameplans.

So Izzy being a good defensive grappler has become quite the myth on these boards.

Glover has a tendency to stand. If things don't go his way or he sees an opportunity for a TD he changes completely to grappling with the goal to end the fight on the ground in that sequence. Israel hasn't seen none of that. But because of Glover's approach to stand up first he could get pieced up like the rest.
His TDD hasnt been tested much?

umm have u only watched his last fight? Literally everyone except Whittaker and Costa tried to take him down in each fight. Look at his debut for example he had to defend 15 takedowns, Vettori shot 6 takedowns on him, Tavares went 1/12 on takeodwns, KG went 1/9 on takedowns and even Romero shot 3 times going 0/3.

Theres a reason Costa and Whittaker didnt shot on him. It really isnt as simple as u think Izzy has good takedown defense and can scramble so it can be high risk in the sense that fighters can gas themselves out shooting on him

Glovers main tactic now is to survive the first round and then look for openings and a takedown. Izzy could well finish him in the first round, but if he takes it to the ground i think he could sub him

wow. You called it all. Even Texiera surviving first.

those guys weren't contenders. contenders get title shots, they don't hang around the top 10 their entire careers, that's called a journeyman.

Bader got passed up for a title shot when they did Gus vs Cormier. It was politics that kept Bader from a title shot; know your history.

Bader got passed up for a title shot when they did Gus vs Cormier. It was politics that kept Bader from a title shot; know your history.

if he could've beaten Rumble he would've definitely gotten a title shot. he folded like a lawn chair. know your history.

Well, after the Santos fight I'm even more convinced he would fold Izzy into a pretzel... but he looked soooo slow. I frankly doubt he could get a hold of Izzy at all.

Still a magnificent run Glover's at, I feel bad for even slightly being skeptical of him.

Is Glover going to be that guy everyone detests a fight for or is he already that ?

just when I thought he was going away he quietly goes into geriatric beast mode what gives here?

the heavier weights age better than the lighter weights apparently

Back