Could Glover Dominate Izzy on the ground?

If anyone could it'd be Jones.. I suppose at HW someone like Blaydes would be a nightmare for him too.. Stipe and Overeem would be interesting.

Not many at LHW who have great wrestling that I can think of, Misha Cirkunov maybe.

Prime Jones out wrestled everyone he fought, including a bunch of D1 guys and Olympian Cormier (they didn't grapple much but Jones tossed him down several times while Cormier had zero success trying to wrestle Jones). That said, Jones seems to have abandoned his wrestling and couldn't even take down Santos, so I don't know about him any more. On paper, he has a better chance of beating Izzy via wrestling than any other LHW or MW, though.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you yourself are saying Glover isn't that great but he's either over performing and/or the division is weaker. Or at the very least the competition he's been facing.

Rashad Evans also dominated Phil " Athlete, Not a fighter" Davis. Anthony Johnson beat Bader and Davis in one sided fashion, when some here argue that he isn't all that skilked.

For the most part they were boring stallers. I think there is some potentially great talent at 205. They ain't it and they weren't it. Nevermind Glover.

Im not sure what's your point. I didnt even say Davis and Bader were great. I simply said that they are good enough to be in the tittle picture in the current UFC LHW division

And as this thread in particular asks if Glover could dominate Izzy on the ground...well, I think Davis and Bader have actually a better chance of giving Israel trouble with their grappling, that's all Im saying

Prime Jones out wrestled everyone he fought, including a bunch of D1 guys and Olympian Cormier (they didn't grapple much but Jones tossed him down several times while Cormier had zero success trying to wrestle Jones). That said, Jones seems to have abandoned his wrestling and couldn't even take down Santos, so I don't know about him any more. On paper, he has a better chance of beating Izzy via wrestling than any other LHW or MW, though.

Yeah he was a beast, not strictly true about DC, but yeah he certainly was more successful.
aBHaxEQ.gif

He tried against Reyes, but wasn't successful, I don't think it's been part of his gameplan though either to be fair.

Reactions: mkt
Vettori took him down and controlled him
Not really, took him until the 3rd round to get a couple of takedowns and Adesanya got up each time without taking much damage or put in any submission attempts. That was also his 2nd fight, Tavares tried to take him down multiple times in the next fight and got mostly mandhandled in the clinch, and then we all saw what happened against Brunson's grappling/wrestling heavy approach. Adesanya's TDD and grappling has improved a ton.

Absolutely. But the problem is getting him down - Glover is too old, slow and plodding.

The fight at 205 - if israel decides to actually fight there should be a welcome back fight for Anthony Johnson. A good measuring stick for both guys. And if Israel can get by Anthony then a title fight with Jan or whoever is 205 champ.

Absolutely. But the problem is getting him down - Glover is too old, slow and plodding.

The fight at 205 - if israel decides to actually fight there should be a welcome back fight for Anthony Johnson. A good measuring stick for both guys. And if Israel can get by Anthony then a title fight with Jan or whoever is 205 champ.
Lol wake up. Israel is already getting a title shot.

He could. But taking Izzy down is another question entirely. Brunson, Gastelum, Romero, weren't all that successful.

Izzy is just super lucky no good wrestlers fight at 185. He is an elusive striker, but a 185 Khabib style fighter would have a relatively easy fight..

Lol wake up. Israel is already getting a title shot.
I know fuck face - I'm just stating that it shouldn't be. Now we have another 2 divisions put on hold because of stupid ass "super fights". You should have to work your way up to a title shot - regardless - and if you move up then your title in the lower class should become vacant and up for grabs.

Are you calling Glover a scrub? Davis outclassed a younger, closer to his prime Glover in the grappling department. Is Glover a scrub/noob, or are you a monumental shertard?

Could a shertard of your caliber assess the evolution in Bader's game since he lost to Tito like a decade ago? LOL, not even if your life depended on it.

Keep hating, brain washed UFC retarded shill
Bader is done, Nemkov exposed him. At this point, Izzy has nothing to fear at all from him. If you want to throw in a Bellator guy, it's the Moose

I know fuck face - I'm just stating that it shouldn't be. Now we have another 2 divisions put on hold because of stupid ass "super fights". You should have to work your way up to a title shot - regardless - and if you move up then your title in the lower class should become vacant and up for grabs.
Bitches like you are always gonna bitch about everything. No top contender at 205 has looked as impressive as Adesanya lately. Fuck the bullshit, it's a great fight.

Take a break from bitching, bitch.

Im not sure what's your point. I didnt even say Davis and Bader were great. I simply said that they are good enough to be in the tittle picture in the current UFC LHW division

And as this thread in particular asks if Glover could dominate Izzy on the ground...well, I think Davis and Bader have actually a better chance of giving Israel trouble with their grappling, that's all Im saying
They are too one dimensional IMO. At least Glover can strike. He's just too old.

The level of takedown defense is a lot better now a days. It's not simply Jon declining, the game catching up to him while he had remained stagnant in some areas.

Glover is a large lhw and he could dominate Izzy but I would think Adesanya would be prepared

but Glover can’t take strikes like he used to

all the beef in this thread was unintended. everyone Helax lol.. we can have peaceful debate today right? No need for name calling and insults. we are shrebros lol

Too old, too slow. Izzy would be light years faster.

They are too one dimensional IMO. At least Glover can strike. He's just too old.

Glover can't strike. By Israel's standards he can strike just as much as Bader. Glover can take a hit though, but not even sure about that at this point.

Bader is done, Nemkov exposed him. At this point, Izzy has nothing to fear at all from him. If you want to throw in a Bellator guy, it's the Moose

I think it's rather a matter of Nemkov not getting the credit he deserves.
Nemkov would most likely starch Glover too at this point.

I agree Mousasi is an interesting matchup, although I dont like his chances after his performances vs Machida or even Lima just past week.

Back