Could Fedor make a legit run at the LHW title?

I think that Fedor could win any of these fights.. however i think he would fare better at HW where he has fought his whole career and where he still has speed advantage like some others have said

Fedor would be best to stick to fighting plodding HWs rather than any of the top LHWs.:)

My dog has a chance of coming out of the grave and making a HW run at this point. The division's never been weaker across MMA as it is now.

Though at this point I don't think Fedor's going to do anything significant.

couch warrior says that the HW division has never been weaker lol

So you think a 38 year old fighter coming out of retirement has a good chance at winning the HW title? Please, log out.

Lol Mark Hunt was 1 fight away from a title shot. Arlovski is 1 fight away from a title shot.

And you're gonna tell us that it's impossible that Fedor wins the title ?

Lol Mark Hunt was 1 fight away from a title shot. Arlovski is 1 fight away from a title shot.

And you're gonna tell us that it's impossible that Fedor wins the title ?

Arlovski and Hunt have been active MMA fighters for the last 3 years.

Here we go with the "but but but he has a chance!!!"

Mark Hunt was like on a 5 fights losing streak when he came in the UFC (and wasn't active), and Arlovski was getting KTFO left and right.

If these guys can make a comeback, so can Fedor.

He'd have a better chance at HW. Its more suited to his style and he has experience dealing with the bigger/slower/stronger guys. There's no way i'm gona believe he has the same speed as he did back in 2005, that version of him could have destroyed any LHW.

I don't know if I agree with that last sentence, depends upon how you take "could have". Other than that, I think that's all there is to it. Even if he were to have some success at LHW, he's got a far better chance of a good run ahead of him at HW; it's at its most shallow since Couture came back to take the title from Silvia.

Stop sending him to LHW for fuck's sake! Its the heaveweight divsion that makes him what he is.

Mark Hunt definitely wasnt an active fighter, when he joined the UFC. Stop being an idiot.

everyone murders Fedor

he was the king in the less talented division ever HW

I don't know if I agree with that last sentence, depends upon how you take "could have". Other than that, I think that's all there is to it. Even if he were to have some success at LHW, he's got a far better chance of a good run ahead of him at HW; it's at its most shallow since Couture came back to take the title from Silvia.

I'm a numbers guy so i can put it in numbers, he'd be a solid favorite against anyone at LHW currently. At least 60/40 against guys like Cormier, Gus, Rumble.

I do agree HW looks weak and is for sure an easier division for him right now. Cain and JDS don't look as unbeatable as they used to, Werdum looks great but he's also up there in age and really a good stylistic match up.

I'm a numbers guy so i can put it in numbers, he'd be a solid favorite against anyone at LHW currently. At least 60/40 against guys like Cormier, Gus, Rumble.

I do agree HW looks weak and is for sure an easier division for him right now. Cain and JDS don't look as unbeatable as they used to, Werdum looks great but he's also up there in age and really a good stylistic match up.
LOL

You've gotta be fucking kidding me. How are you this delusional?

He's a favorite against guys that have been fighting in a division in which Fedor himself has never even fought?

Come back to reality.

LOL

You've gotta be fucking kidding me. How are you this delusional?

He's a favorite against guys that have been fighting in a division in which Fedor himself has never even fought?

Come back to reality.

We were discussing the 2005 version of Fedor. Currently i'd favor all 3 guys over him if they fought. Back then he was a different beast.

I would think that he probably did use PEDs as the wouldnt necessarily be outlawed where he fought MMA, but I think the Sambo orgs did test for them but Im not 100% percent sure.

Let's see... an organization that encourages PED use.. and you're so naive to think that Fedor was clean...

:redface:

Again, Fedor has never fought at LHW.

And cormier is a seasoned veteran at LHW? We all knew how well he'd do if he came down to LHW. Prime Fedor would (most probably) have been an absolute monster at 205.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back