1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Could DC body slam a HW who cuts to make 265 like Brock or Sean McCorkle?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Fiestar, Dec 31, 2014.

1. screaminleeman Red Belt

What totally "freaks" me out is how Randy is not regularly talked about as one of the top p4p strongest fighters in the history of MMA. With zero submission defense he went to Japan in Rings and one arm powered threw Inoue out of an armbar before eventually succumbing to a submission later in the fight.

I think that feet of strength clearly rivaled that of the Rampage triangle slam.

2. with ease. if you are wondering if he has the strength it isn't even a question.

3. BigMuffler Loli is love loli is life!

In a real fight on most surface they would fuck you up royally and potentially kill you.

Cruz suplexes on Mighty Mouse = death

So they should score highly.

4. Milgrim Australopithecus - not your average hominid

He definitely could if he got into the right position, but being a wrestler, Brock could probably defend it better than someone like Bigfoot.

5. orlandod Green Belt

McCorkle being brought up a lot these days...

6. U.S. Soldier Red Belt

He can. I doubt he can do it to Lesnar. Lesnar has strength+technique to not get slammed

7. Sigmafight Banned Banned

But the octagon is not on a regular surface...

And haven't you noticed that 99 out of 100 slams, the person slammed is completely fine and undazed following the slam.

Which means, the slam is really just a way of getting someone to the ground, to then do something there, or just score by being on top and win a decision.

But since this is the case, that just means that a slam is very ineffective. It's much less energy draining to just trip someone, or drag someone to the ground, since that is all you're getting out of a slam anyway.

8. yookfarb Red Belt

Lol maybe if Junior is throwing that single hook

9. Ibm Brown Belt

Lol, I always thought that the only guy stylistically who would be a nightmare for Cormier would be Brock Lesnar. I HIGHLY doubt Cormier can throw Brock around who himself is not only like 3 weightclasses above Cormier but also an accomplished wrestler.