Could Daniel Cormier have pulled off the two-title feat in Strikeforce?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TheBrownRanger, Aug 4, 2018.

1. TheBrownRanger

TheBrownRanger Brown Belt

Let's say DC was already hitting the stride of his career in 2009-2011 when Strikeforce's Heavyweight and Light-Heavyweight divisions were at their peak and not the hollowed out shells that they were during the Zuffaforce days. Would he still have been able to win two belts? My two cents:

Heavyweight - DC was practically the last Strikeforce HW champion, but he never fought the official champion, Ubereem. It would be hard to say who would win that fight. Besides Barnett and TRTfoot (who he beat), he would also have to worry about the likes of Fedor, Werdum, Arlovski, Kharitonov, and Rogers. I think he would have been able to get past all of those guys. I'm not so sure about Ubereem, however. I'm literally 50/50 on that fight.

Light-Heavyweight - I think DC would have been champ of Strikeforce LHW. Though there were some tough guys in the division, it was not the shark tank that Heavyweight was. Hendo was the champ and we already saw what DC did to Hendo. Other potential opponents include Mousasi, Fully-Roided Feijao, King Mo, and Babalu. Easy belt for DC IMO.

2. DarkneT

DarkneT Small dick gang Platinum Member

lol could you imagine..

3. Hitto

Hitto Purple Belt

Easily.

sabretitan likes this.
  4. superpunch

superpunch Silver Belt

No, because Strikeforce didn't have USADA. He only can do it in the UFC because the people that would beat him (superior frame size + all other athletic bases covered by PED use) are disqualified. DC's only athletic weakness is his frame size. He's A+ at all other areas. However, other guys with larger frames that fail at other athletic areas can take drugs to compensate. No drugs fix your frame size though. So, those guys can beat DC in Strikeforce but not in the UFC.

There would have been a 6'5" guy on roids to destroy him just like Jones did in the UFC.

5. bad seed

bad seed Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

No.
    Not to belittle his great accomplishments in the UFC but it was only possible by leaving the premier organization of the time and going to where the competition is easier.

And yes, he won the hw go but keep in mind he did not face it's most dangerous combatants.

My ranking of the orgs of this time-
    1. Strikeforce
    2. Dream
    3. UFC

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  6. derrrrp

derrrrp Purple Belt

probably. strikeforce ubereem was fucking scary though

7. SKITZADACTYL

SKITZADACTYL Gold Belt

let's see, would DC have been able to get 2 titles in an even weaker org...

yeah.

accolyte1022 likes this.
  8. Workaholic

Workaholic Silver Belt

<LikeReally5>

bad seed likes this.
  9. Wise1

Wise1 Brown Belt

Absolutely.

10. BjPenn2017

BjPenn2017 Black Belt

He would've gotten starched by Ubereem

11. TheBrownRanger

TheBrownRanger Brown Belt

I'm not sure. DC did beat Josh Barnett and there was no way in hell that dude was natty in SF lol. The ones that definitely juiced were those that fell apart after those days.

I guess Werdum would have a chance, he looked pretty good right up until that Stipe fight many years later. Werdum subbed Fedor and also had decent stand up. I believe he grapplefucks Kharitonov. KO's Arlovski and Rogers.

DC would have been head and shoulders above Strikeforce Light-Heavyweight. Their juicest dude, Feijao, got KO'd by TRT Hendo, who DC demolished. If Hendo kept defending, I think someone else would have beaten him soon, Mousasi or King Mo perhaps. That was a hot potato weight class if I ever saw one. DC would have fixed that.

12. Talon81

Talon81 Brown Belt

Noob. back then it was pretty much universally understood on Sherdog that Strikeforce had the better heavyweight division. Go look up the top HW fighters from the UFC during that same era and you will not see the kind of names that the thread starter just listed. Their hw talent dropped very sharply after about 4 or 5 fighters.

UFC has not at all times been the top organization let alone at all times the top organization in every weight class

13. SKITZADACTYL

SKITZADACTYL Gold Belt

DC would still be able to do it, easy.