Could Cro Cop fought at light heavy weight???

Crocop had his chance to cut weight when he came over to the ufc. he could have still fought around 215-220lb on fight day.

Mirko was ktfo by Randleman, who spent a decent chunk of his career at 205. If Randleman could KO him you don't think Rashad, Chuck, Vitor or Rampage could possibly KO him? (with all the KO losses he had in his UFC run?)

Why do people think that success against slower heavy weights would translate to success at 205?

CC has never cut weight in his life, he would have a pretty huge weight cut, he isn't a wrestler he went a whopping 4-6 in the UFC, with basically 5 Tko losses (he submitted to JDS after getting punched in the eye)

There is no logic whatsoever behind this bizarre thought that CroCop would have run thru 205 or any division in the UFC.

People are delusional.

not saying he would of run thru but at 205 i think he would have had a much better career in his 30's while in the UFC. he was a small heavyweight who had lost his speed. as for getting KOd...most heavyweights would get Kod by light heavies if the right punch landed. you think Cain would just eat a Chuck over hand right like nothing happened?

no, he doesn't have the athleticism... for real...

There would still have been the issues with adapting to a different environment but I spose you could argue Crocop at LHW in the UFC would have had a clearer "target" in Chuck and co than he did at HW where the real challenge in Fedor was elsewhere.

I do think theres a strong case to be made that the standard of striking at HW in Mikro's era was superior to that at LHW. That guys like himself, Fedor, Hunt, Sergei, Aleks and Arlovski were better strikers than anyone in the LHW division not just in terms of size but also technique.

I do think Mirko would likely have beaten Chuck and Rampage, Chuck whilst he would have the cage environment in his favour just left too many openings and Jackson by that stage was too passive and open to low and mid kicks. Hard to look past that as I think physical decline started to set in with Mirko around 08/09, maybe made worse by the loses but I'm not sure he would have been at his best even without them by the time Lyoto and Shogun hit the top.

CroCop was never one of the more technical strikers. He had powerful kicks and a good, but short, jab to set up those kicks. His success in the HW division was achieved via employing his speed advantage and intimidating with kicks. If forced to drop to LHW where much better strikers can be found I don't think he would have found the same success he did at HW.

You clearly know the striking game inside out, lol.

Yes easily. Most LHW's cut 20+ pounds before the fight. Some would be 230.

Cro Cop would have destroyed the light heavyweight division. He was too proud though to cut the weight.

This is wrong. Cro Cop relied on his opponents being big and slow which gave him the speed advantage. I do think he would have been competitive at that weight class but I don't know about absolute domination.

He was too big for LHW at the time, maybe not now. I think he was at least as skilled as Chuck or Rampage, and more athletic. Wouldn't be a completely fair fight, remember Cro Cop vs Wanderlei who was a big LHW at the time.

Mirko was ktfo by Randleman, who spent a decent chunk of his career at 205. If Randleman could KO him you don't think Rashad, Chuck, Vitor or Rampage could possibly KO him? (with all the KO losses he had in his UFC run?)

Why do people think that success against slower heavy weights would translate to success at 205?

CC has never cut weight in his life, he would have a pretty huge weight cut, he isn't a wrestler he went a whopping 4-6 in the UFC, with basically 5 Tko losses (he submitted to JDS after getting punched in the eye)

There is no logic whatsoever behind this bizarre thought that CroCop would have run thru 205 or any division in the UFC.

People are delusional.

Ya, cause not like Randleman is quick, explosive and powerful, especially in those first moments of a fight.

GSP got knocked out by Serra, and prime Tyson got knocked out by some dude named James Douglas.

As for getting beat by JDS, every LHW would suffer the same fate, including Phony Bones.

CC from PRIDE and K-1, sure. He was barely around 220 lbs.

After his loss to Gonzaga, he started to gain more weight and was around 235 lbs, so obviously no.

This is wrong. Cro Cop relied on his opponents being big and slow which gave him the speed advantage. I do think he would have been competitive at that weight class but I don't know about absolute domination.

I don't really see that, which Mirko opponents can you point to being slow and lumbering monsters? Barnett was maybe slowed down a bit by his size but certainly wasn't plodding, I think Aleks and Herring were at their peaks incredibly fast and agile for guys there size, Wanderlei and Igor weren't any larger than Mirko.

I can't really recall many matches where Mirko ran rings around someone much slower than him slowing picking them apart until the Choi fight.

CC from PRIDE and K-1, sure. He was barely around 220 lbs.

After his loss to Gonzaga, he started to gain more weight and was around 235 lbs, so obviously no.

He was below 220 in Pride at least in the beginning. He started to put on more weight fighting in mma (Pride) and continued gaining weight/muscle in UFC. He also gain more fat after his multiple knee injuries/surgeries during recuperation when he couldn't train as hard. He was a 185 fighter when he started out in kickboxing.

I knew what the replies would be before I opened.

A lot of people saying he can't cut to 205 because he's lean or because he's got big legs.....

He could EASILY cut to 205. Lose a bit of muscle and cut some water weight.

When you have people like Weidman at 185 and you don't think Mirko could cut to 205......unbelievable.

Back