Could Cro Cop fought at light heavy weight???

Cro-Cop could have EASILY made 205. He walked around at 220 or 230 at his heaviest but there were fights where he was around 215 and I think it was the Hunt fight he weighed in at 213. He didn't cut weight either. He is probably closer to 240 now though.

All the LHW like Chuck Liddell walked around at 220. Tito and Rampage were a good 235. Very few at LHW like Rich Franklin, Vitor Belfort, Wanderlei Silva, Dan Henderson only cut like 5 pounds or sometimes didn't have to cut at all. Matt Hughes cut from 195 down to 170. Joe Riggs and Anthony Johnson both cut from 205 down to 170.

Cro-Cop could have cut 10-15 pounds easily.

He absolutely could have made Light Heavyweight by losing a little fat and water weight. He might have been able to make Middleweight if he dropped muscle mass too, but with the size of those thighs, possibly not.

What's with the Cro Cop threads lately?

Cro Cop would have destroyed the light heavyweight division. He was too proud though to cut the weight.

Dame right more fighters should be like him!

CroCop was never one of the more technical strikers. He had powerful kicks and a good, but short, jab to set up those kicks. His success in the HW division was achieved via employing his speed advantage and intimidating with kicks. If forced to drop to LHW where much better strikers can be found I don't think he would have found the same success he did at HW.

I don't know that Cro Cop could have beaten a Prime Shogun or Chuck. The Wand fight was pretty much tailor made for him, but Shogun and Chuck were a little less wild.

Never listen to fighters tell you they can't cut weight. Use your eyes and decide if they mean "won't".

Yep its "wont". I was one of them who hated cutting even a few pounds. Before my first fight I was going to fight at 155 but walked around at 152 but my coach got me a fight at 145 and I cut to 145 and won. It was more than 2 years later before my 2nd fight and I had lost a lot of muscle since I wasn't lifting weights and I was walking at 141 and fought at 145 and won.
Then my 3rd fight at 145 I walked in at 140 and lost to a guy who later became a 2 time champ.

My coach had been on to me saying I was tiny next to the other 145ers and needed to cut to 135 so my last fight I cut 5 or 6 pounds and fought at 135 and won. I was offered a title eliminator fight at 125 by the promoter and I turned it down because I hated fighting at 135 and couldn't imagine cutting to a pathetic 125.

There is pride in fighting in the heavier weight classes. Before my first fight I was trying to bulk up to 170 to fight at 170. Looking back I know that would have been a bad idea. BJ Penn is a perfect example, he was a natural 155er but fought at 170 for a good bit and 185 and even heavy weight. He was wanting to conquer the heavier weight classes like I wanted to do.

Also for me I like fighting guys who are bigger than me. To me beating a guy smaller than me was expected and if you lose you look and feel like a joke. Like Fedor vs Matt Lindland for example... there is no way Fedor felt any bit accomplished after that pathetic win.

Yep its "wont". I was one of them who hated cutting even a few pounds. Before my first fight I was going to fight at 155 but walked around at 152 but my coach got me a fight at 145 and I cut to 145 and won. It was more than 2 years later before my 2nd fight and I had lost a lot of muscle since I wasn't lifting weights and I was walking at 141 and fought at 145 and won.
Then my 3rd fight at 145 I walked in at 140 and lost to a guy who later became a 2 time champ.

My coach had been on to me saying I was tiny next to the other 145ers and needed to cut to 135 so my last fight I cut 5 or 6 pounds and fought at 135 and won. I was offered a title eliminator fight at 125 by the promoter and I turned it down because I hated fighting at 135 and couldn't imagine cutting to a pathetic 125.

There is pride in fighting in the heavier weight classes. Before my first fight I was trying to bulk up to 170 to fight at 170. Looking back I know that would have been a bad idea. BJ Penn is a perfect example, he was a natural 155er but fought at 170 for a good bit and 185 and even heavy weight. He was wanting to conquer the heavier weight classes like I wanted to do.

Also for me I like fighting guys who are bigger than me. To me beating a guy smaller than me was expected and if you lose you look and feel like a joke. Like Fedor vs Matt Lindland for example... there is no way Fedor felt any bit accomplished after that pathetic win.

Thanks for the info, I got no problem admitting when I'm wrong.

I don't know that Cro Cop could have beaten a Prime Shogun or Chuck. The Wand fight was pretty much tailor made for him, but Shogun and Chuck were a little less wild.

Unless you think either of those guys is taking a prime Mirko down, something Mark Coleman couldn't even do, then neither Shogun or Chuck have much of a shot, other than a puncher's chance.

Chuck was not a great striker, he hit hard but his run of dominance came against mostly weak strikers who depended on their grappling a lot and couldn't take him down. Shogun was a bit better, but his approach is somewhat similar to Wanderlei's and he will basically come forward with looping punches vs Mirko's accurate straights. What else is he gonna do? Circle around and trade leg kicks with him??

The only 205 who had a realistic chance of winning the standup with Mirko back then was Igor, and we know what happened when they met at HW.

He fought as light as 213lbs at some point. He was a LHW by today standards.

2015 Crocop is way heavier and still not a big HW (236lbs yesterday against Ishii carrying a lot of extra muscle).

Fedor was a LHW by UFC standards and Linland is (was) a world-class wrestler. I'm pretty sure Fedor felt "accomplished."

Yes, CC could have made LHW.

Thanks for the info, I got no problem admitting when I'm wrong.

You aren't really wrong. Most pro fighters don't talk much on this subject. You hear people on here talk down the smaller weight class fighters and say things like they are like girls ect. I remember watching a amateur fight card several years ago that I wasn't fighting on and 2 guys came out weighing in at 118 and guys in the audience were shouting disrespectful comments like "where do they get these guys?" That kind of stuck with me.

I greatly respect guys like Mighty Mouse, he is a small guy in a small weight class but he is an incredible fighter. Its not his fault he is only 5'3" tall. I am only 5'8" tall myself. There is pride in taking on the bigger guys though. I mean when you think of boxing who do most people think of? Its almost always the heavy weights like Mike Tyson, Mohammad Ali, George Foreman ect. When people think of MMA its always the LHW and HW guys.
The HW crown has always been the most prestigious title.
Also you know if Cro-Cop ever did cut to 205 people would have talked bad saying he is scared of so an so and knows he cant compete that is why he dropped ect. Cro-Cop was always a very proud and border line arrogant person and there is no way he was going to cut weight. I don't blame him but he probably would have fared better at LHW.

Unless you think either of those guys is taking a prime Mirko down, something Mark Coleman couldn't even do, then neither Shogun or Chuck have much of a shot, other than a puncher's chance.

Chuck was not a great striker, he hit hard but his run of dominance came against mostly weak strikers who depended on their grappling a lot and couldn't take him down. Shogun was a bit better, but his approach is somewhat similar to Wanderlei's and he will basically come forward with looping punches vs Mirko's accurate straights. What else is he gonna do? Circle around and trade leg kicks with him??

The only 205 who had a realistic chance of winning the standup with Mirko back then was Igor, and we know what happened when they met at HW.

I agree. I don't see any of the LHW guys then or now being able to stand and trade with a prime CRO-COP. The biggest factor would be how he would have handled the speed of the faster wrestlers takedowns. He had a great spiral takedown defense but against slower HW's.

He woulda had a hard time against Lyoto and Rashad .Chuck would probably get beaten badly

Fedor was a LHW by UFC standards and Linland is (was) a world-class wrestler. I'm pretty sure Fedor felt "accomplished."

Yes, CC could have made LHW.

I shouldn't have said it wasn't a good win but after beating guys like Mirko, Big Nog, Coleman ect. Beating a much smaller Lindland couldn't have felt like too big of a deal. Would kind of be like Cain beating Weidman at HW.

Like wow.... nobody has EVER, I mean ever ever... never, has anyone come up with this earth shattering concept.

Mind.....blown

I agree. I don't see any of the LHW guys then or now being able to stand and trade with a prime CRO-COP. The biggest factor would be how he would have handled the speed of the faster wrestlers takedowns. He had a great spiral takedown defense but against slower HW's.

Mirko was ktfo by Randleman, who spent a decent chunk of his career at 205. If Randleman could KO him you don't think Rashad, Chuck, Vitor or Rampage could possibly KO him? (with all the KO losses he had in his UFC run?)

Why do people think that success against slower heavy weights would translate to success at 205?

CC has never cut weight in his life, he would have a pretty huge weight cut, he isn't a wrestler he went a whopping 4-6 in the UFC, with basically 5 Tko losses (he submitted to JDS after getting punched in the eye)

There is no logic whatsoever behind this bizarre thought that CroCop would have run thru 205 or any division in the UFC.

People are delusional.

Back