Could Cowboy Be Bluffing?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Mcgregorian, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Mahkor

Mahkor Drunkmaster Flex Double Yellow Card

Cerrone is not a grinder, I don't know why people think he is gonna take Conor down and wrestlefuck him or something, that's not his style, he is gonna shoot and use his grappling when the opportunity presents itself or if he is getting hurt like he always does.

Imagine how insulting it must be for a kickboxer like him to keep hearing all week that can't trade with a smaller boxer, that shit must be hurting his pride tbh.

master.roly, dnmb, yookfarb and 4 others like this.
  2. Natural Order

Natural Order Bad Mutha Shoopa

Conor is too fast/nimble early and Donald is not a historically fast guy in regards to takedowns.

He'll need to weather the storm and look for the easier takedowns in the late first imo.

3. bigconan

bigconan Yellow Card Yellow Card

simply take conor down....it won't be easy....conor stuffed many of khabib's takedown attempts...he did pretty well on the ground with khabib for quite awhile....so even if it goes to the ground, i see conor getting back up...he's pretty well equipped to deal with cerrone on the ground...

Pancake Sprawl likes this.
  4. bigconan

bigconan Yellow Card Yellow Card

i don't think cerrone has much of a chance, no matter how he fights conor....cerrone's kryptomite has always been guys with good boxing....nate put a whooping on cerrone....and nate is a boxer, nothing more...conor is faster and hits alot harder than nate and cerrone's chin is worse than it was when he fought nate....and cerrone isn't nearly a good enough wrestler to do much on the ground with conor....only way i see cerrone winning this, is by high kick...but i'm sure conor is aware of it...if i'm aware, i'm pretty sure he is.

Doughie99 and Pancake Sprawl like this.
  5. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Blue Belt

Conor did far better against Khabib's grappling than most of his opponents...... his grappling is underrated and I do not see how Cowboy is guaranteed to have an edge there.

6. KORMAN

KORMAN DC - Khabib - Dominator

I think he is actually telling his gameplan, and is just gonna trade with Conor. If he's smart, he'll mix in TD attempts to give Conor something to think about.

7. kdday

kdday Brown Belt

Anything other than cowboy getting tkod by bodyshots would be a pleasant surprise, Cowboy always chokes on the big ones

8. JarlSkuld

JarlSkuld Brown Belt

Cowboy is going to bet half a million on himself to win by submission...then go on to choke out McTapper.

Jarl

9. SolarSeiko

SolarSeiko Blue Belt

Delusional.

Jarilo likes this.
  10. Skarsgard

Skarsgard Brown Belt

I doubt it. The guy doesn't seem to care all that much about winning or losing these days, he just likes to fight. Honestly, both guys looked bad their last couple of showings, so I don't know who wins. Probably Conor, but I won't be surprised either way.

11. winkydinks

winkydinks Blue Belt

Damn are you a Hernandez fan or something?

12. MuayThaiBX

MuayThaiBX Black Belt

If Cowboy has success on the ground I think it comes off a random scramble or something. I just don't envision Cowboy coming out looking to wrestle and avoid striking with Conor. He's there to get paid and put on an exciting fight. If he were to try the wrestlefuck gameplan the fight would probably devolve into stalemates. I don't think he'd run over McG if he got on top.

13. Pancake Sprawl

Pancake Sprawl WAR IGOR!!!11

i'm gonna laugh my ass off if Conor sons Cerrone with his jiu jitsu.

i think Cowboy has a better chance to knock Conor out playing at the kick range to avoid the boxing of Conor than he does of grappling Conor. Conor is not a bum on the ground and in striking everyone is just 1 strike away from being KO'd.

Randlewand likes this.
  14. Captain Herb

Captain Herb Bernie: Let's ride

<{you!}>

15. 22k

22k ベルセルク

Cerrone needs to keep his distance & kickbox Connie Mac until he gases, then sub Connie into frust-retirement.

16. weaponzero2k2

weaponzero2k2 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

He's not ... He is going stand with him then take a dive lol

Dana's Moonface likes this.
  17. DoopidyDawesome

DoopidyDawesome Red Belt

If you're not here for the fortune-telling and Bro Science, I'm not sure what the point is.

Jarilo and ProPROpro like this.
  18. KeepItRealist

KeepItRealist Yellow Card Yellow Card

It would be totally against his history. He's not very bright.

Gone in 60 seconds.

19. ProPROpro

ProPROpro Yellow Card Yellow Card

The general retardedness is pretty amusing.

20. sadowolf

sadowolf Blue Raspberry Bull Belt

Yeah power doubles are not really Cerrone's game, he mostly just surprised opponents with well-timed shots when they didn't expect them. From what I remember he managed to take down Lawler, Brazilian Cowboy, and Edwards at 170, and a damn solid wrestler in Hernandez at 155. I believe he also took down Bendo in their UFC fight. I'm sure there are more notable examples; Cowboy's wrestling tends to work when he chooses to use it more often than not.

That said, I do agree that Conor did well defending Khabib initially and that's why I'm not so sure Cowboy can wrestle him effectively. There might not be as many openings with Conor, but Cowboy generally strikes with opponents and then shoots when they advance on him, so if Conor takes the lead and gets froggy there could be an opening. He's much more in love with the left than he used to be, so I could see Cowboy dipping under one. But hey, you know Cowboy and southpaws haha. One thing's for sure, if he wades in with the combinations he did against Gaethje he's going down.