Could Conor beat Nate by taking him down?

I mean I guess it could happen

giphy.gif

Doubt it though

yes but the challenge is he'd have to do it flawless for 25 minutes.

Bisping can pitter patter Dan Henderson for the win but he needs to stay flawless for 25 minutes.

GSP was a rare talent in that his discipline and skills permitted him to have such a paced style.

How TS re-watched the fight, fight stat numbers show Conor threw 5 more strikes in the first round than Nate Diaz yet this equates to dominance?
No clearer dominance in a full exchange of head strikes than a bloody face. 5 strike difference in one mma round is significant imo too.

Just rewatched their first fight and learned a lot.

Round 1: Conor presses forward throwing a lot of power shots out of range and getting tagged. Starts landing lunging lefts and uppercuts but the overall striking is pretty even. Diaz goes for a takedown and Conor gets on top. He does a good job defending Nates leg as it appears he's going for a triangle. Conor lands a couple fluries and is able to transition to side control.

Round 2: Conor has slowed down a lot but lands a few uppercuts the throws a flurry that is blocked by Diaz. Around the 3 minute mark Conor seems tired but is still landing some shots. After a flurry Diaz throws a hook as he's backing up and seems to get rocked. Diaz controls Conor and backs him up to the cage. After a couple of combinations Conor ducks and goes for a takedown where he is dominated and ultimately controlled and finished.

I remember the first round being pretty dominate for Conor but on review I think he won that round but it was still competitive. Also on the ground Conor was able to control and avoid submissions pretty well. Also in round two Conor was still winning the round until getting rocked with a hook. I was wondering if Conor would be able to take him down and survive.

Conor never got to side control. Nate always had a knee between himself and Conor's body, unless it was when Nate spun then you might as well say Conor took Nates back. Nate was able to control Conor's wrists most of the time in the first when on the ground. That's my first indication that the longer the fights stays on the ground the more likely Conor is to get submitted.

No clearer dominance in a full exchange of head strikes than a bloody face. 5 strike difference in one mma round is significant imo too.

And you have the right to your opinion...

Conor never got to side control. Nate always had a knee between himself and Conor's body, unless it was when Nate spun then you might as well say Conor took Nates back. Nate was able to control Conor's wrists most of the time in the first when on the ground. That's my first indication that the longer the fights stays on the ground the more likely Conor is to get submitted.
Yeah I just tried then Nate went to a north south kinda while stacked. It didn't look like he threatened conor really though

Actually if he implements it in the fight something like rda it could be a good idea, just to keep nate guessing

I think Conor will take him down near the end of the rounds. Like last five seconds. Just for the points.

If he isnt gassed and or rocked I think its definitely a possibility

Back