Could CM Punk beat an average man off the street?

Working out won't make you a good fighter.

Fighting makes you a good fighter.

I would take a guy who was involved in 20 street fights over a guy who was hitting the gym for 2 years straight.
Well the thread isn't about how good he is as a fighter, but there are a lot of people comparing him to an untrained male and even saying he is less athletic than an average untrained male... which is absurd.

You're right. I'm pretty sure Punk could beat this guy up.

The average Male can certainly deadlift 200
Maybe the average young (under 45) male who is actually willing to try his best, but there are plenty of wimpy guys who would probably pull at the weight and give up immediately once they feel it's slightly heavy... which may skew "average lift" stats, but they exist lol.

Some facts:

He shouldn't be in the ufc. He's taking away the spot which belongs to far more skilled fighters that have worked harder than him.

I just lol at the average sherdogger who think that they can beat a guy who has being training for years in a top gym.
Whether he came from WWE or not.
Chances are that most of sherdoggers are gonna be humiliated by CM Punk.
Unless you have years and years of professional training.

Despite that he doesn't belong in the UFC, guy has showed alot of heart and doesn't deserve the hate that he's getting.

Last edited:
Punk would kick the shit out of most people on sherdog let's be honest here. There are definitely people that train on here, but most have never stepped in a gym past the 30 day free trial.

CM Punk does not belong in any pro fighting org, but let's not pretend the average guy is close to his level of fighting because most people don't fight or spar or train combat related sports

Maybe the average young (under 45) male who is actually willing to try his best, but there are plenty of wimpy guys who would probably pull at the weight and give up immediately once they feel it's slightly heavy... which may skew "average lift" stats, but they exist lol.
<mma4>

Not defending Punk as a fighter, he sucks and doesn't belong in the UFC etc. but when people are implying he is physically inferior to an average man... do you realize CM Punk has lifted 400+ lb men in WWE? Even though wrestling is fake and those men were letting/helping him do it, the average Western male wouldn't even try to do something like that even if the 400+ lb man promised to jump to help him lift AND offered him $100 to try! CM Punk's career actually required him to work out all the time and he hasn't to work for the last few years so he's had all the time in the world to work out along with training MMA, he's going to be physically superior (strength, cardio, agility, flexibility etc) than 95/100 random guys you pull off the street.

The average untrained man cannot squat or deadlift 200 lbs:
https://www.google.com/search?q=ave...i57l2j69i59.3115j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Have some perspective here, sheesh. Just ridiculous to act like any random Joe will be a superior athlete to Ill Phil Brooks.
I weigh 420 pounds. I can carry my body weight plus several kfc mega buckets.

I am but an average man so I can lift at least what Phil does.

Not defending Punk as a fighter, he sucks and doesn't belong in the UFC etc. but when people are implying he is physically inferior to an average man... do you realize CM Punk has lifted 400+ lb men in WWE? Even though wrestling is fake and those men were letting/helping him do it, the average Western male wouldn't even try to do something like that even if the 400+ lb man promised to jump to help him lift AND offered him $100 to try! CM Punk's career actually required him to work out all the time and he hasn't to work for the last few years so he's had all the time in the world to work out along with training MMA, he's going to be physically superior (strength, cardio, agility, flexibility etc) than 95/100 random guys you pull off the street.

The average untrained man cannot squat or deadlift 200 lbs:
https://www.google.com/search?q=ave...i57l2j69i59.3115j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Have some perspective here, sheesh. Just ridiculous to act like any random Joe will be a superior athlete to Ill Phil Brooks.
Nice to know I’m above average at something

Im supposed to be impressed by a guy who probably took steroids for the entirety of his professional career?

Those lifting stats have to be off considering the "average man" is 5'9' 196lbs. If those were true, then I was stronger untrained than the average man when I weighed like 100lbs soaking wet as a kid.

TS can't even lift a 400 lb man

200.gif

My god the amount of people here who think punk was one of the roid abusers...He must have been real negligent in the weight room during his wrestling days if that was the case.

The meatheads on bodybuilding forums are even more deluded

This is going too far, again and again Sherdog shows they don't know what an average man is. Punk has lifted a 400+ lb man before (even with the man letting him), he is already much stronger than an average man - now add even the limited training he has...

Punk sucks mind you but an average Western man isn't even physically superior to a female athlete, the average male can't squat or deadlift 200 lbs it's THAT bad. For all those who make fun of "soyboys" or skinny metrosexual millennials - the average "real" male even if he's 5'10 200 lbs fat is not much better off than those.

He would smash an average dude his size to pieces. A BJJ blue belt can fuck up an average untrained person of the same size 9 times out of 10.

In my opinion he did really well in the first round, but he gassed himself chasing takedowns and trying to press his opponent against the cage. He got demoralized because it registered with him that his opponent was not affected by his efforts.

Round two started and he realized that he was gassed, and then he just kept eating leather. As he got more gassed, his game went out the window, simple as that. Yes, you can forget the basics when your mind gets stupid from a lack of oxygen. That's why he just lay there in closed guard eating shots from the top.

It was a valiant effort, but the guy facing him was a Golden gloves champ and he also had a number of amateur MMA fights. That's a huge level disparity, no matter how bad Jackson's grappling is.

Didn't know people were saying he's below an average man.

Back