Could CM Punk beat an average man off the street?

This is what the average joe looks like after 8 weeks of full time boxing.

Straight off the street they are much worse.

I’m not sure you realise how bad the average joe actually is.

I fancy Ricky Gervais against CM Punk tbh

Do you know how a sanctioning commission works? An untrained guy is not allowed to fight in a cage in the UFC. He has more training experience than your average Joe and the fact that he's allowed to fight in the UFC is proof of this.

Like I said, I'm not saying CM Punk can beat every untrained guy, but on average he will just by merit of his training. Do you have any how shitty the average person is at fighting? I've seen much, much worse than CM Punk.
Don't talk rubbish James Toney never trained MMA a day in his life and fought, CM Punk made his debut in the UFC with no amateur fights, Conor Mcgregor fought the GOAT boxer with no pro fights, stop talking absolute drivel.

Not disagreeing with totally but you don't have to be UFC level to be a professional mma fighter.There's about 500 fights a week listed at Tapology and that's just what's found and posted,imagine how many fights there are in the world every week?Probably thousands.Your idea of what a professional mixed martial artist is is blurred by the fact that you mostly watch the top guys in the world.

It is sad how horrible some pro fighters are but it is what it is.Mike Jackson is a pro fighter and his losses have been to some ok guys (don't use Sherdog fight finder).Not horrible for your average pro fighter believe it or not,just horrible for UFC level.
You're completely missing my point I wasn't arguing the terminology pro fighter, more the fact he said CM Punk fought a pro fighter implying the guy was even remotely decent.

You're completely missing my point I wasn't arguing the terminology pro fighter, more the fact he said CM Punk fought a pro fighter implying the guy was even remotely decent.

But he is remotely decent compared to your average pro fighter,not to be confused with UFC fighter.I watch a lot of mma from smaller orgs and have for 25 years,the average pro fighter is sadly his level or worse.Doesn't even matter,I understand what you're saying,it just depends on how you look at it.

Yap, he would and in pretty dominant fashion. The simple fact he could take punches from a (yes) professional Boxer/ Kickboxer and still keep going with his ability to throw combinations while coming forward will be enough to kick the average guys ass badly. Doesn't matter how slow and sloppy he is compared to UFC guys on TV, the average guy is still way worse.

But he is remotely decent compared to your average pro fighter,not to be confused with UFC fighter.I watch a lot of mma from smaller orgs and have for 25 years,the average pro fighter is sadly his level or worse.Doesn't even matter,I understand what you're saying,it just depends on how you look at it.
no I agree, the guy isn't the worst fighter ever but made CM Punk look like a fish out of water, I just think with his lack of ground game and inability to even throw a punch when most fights begin standing, of course a normal bloke could pop him one.

The clinch is extremely exhausting if you haven't trained it, he'd CM clinch the fuck out of people close to his size, and then he also had some decent timing and explosion on his takedowns. A fist fight with many would be a coin flip though.

This is going too far, again and again Sherdog shows they don't know what an average man is. Punk has lifted a 400+ lb man before (even with the man letting him), he is already much stronger than an average man - now add even the limited training he has...

Punk sucks mind you but an average Western man isn't even physically superior to a female athlete, the average male can't squat or deadlift 200 lbs it's THAT bad. For all those who make fun of "soyboys" or skinny metrosexual millennials - the average "real" male even if he's 5'10 200 lbs fat is not much better off than those.

Last edited:
Not defending Punk as a fighter, he sucks and doesn't belong in the UFC etc. but when people are implying he is physically inferior to an average man... do you realize CM Punk has lifted 400+ lb men in WWE? Even though wrestling is fake and those men were letting/helping him do it, the average Western male wouldn't even try to do something like that even if the 400+ lb man promised to jump to help him lift AND offered him $100 to try! CM Punk's career actually required him to work out all the time and he hasn't to work for the last few years so he's had all the time in the world to work out along with training MMA, he's going to be physically superior (strength, cardio, agility, flexibility etc) than 95/100 random guys you pull off the street.

The average untrained man cannot squat or deadlift 200 lbs:
https://www.google.com/search?q=ave...i57l2j69i59.3115j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Have some perspective here, sheesh. Just ridiculous to act like any random Joe will be a superior athlete to Ill Phil Brooks.

I’m surprised at how many males on sherdog seemed to be obsessed with the size of other men

Not defending Punk as a fighter, he sucks and doesn't belong in the UFC etc. but when people are implying he is physically inferior to an average man... do you realize CM Punk has lifted 400+ lb men in WWE? Even though wrestling is fake and those men were letting/helping him do it, the average Western male wouldn't even try to do something like that even if the 400+ lb man promised to jump to help him lift AND offered him $100 to try! CM Punk's career actually required him to work out all the time and he hasn't to work for the last few years so he's had all the time in the world to work out along with training MMA, he's going to be physically superior (strength, cardio, agility, flexibility etc) than 95/100 random guys you pull off the street.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ave...i57l2j69i59.3115j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Have some perspective here, sheesh.

The average sherdogger isn't the average man though.

6'0

shredded

8 inches soft

Nothing less than Hollywood 9s.

Last edited:

You realize he was a steroid head then and now looks like a sack of shit.

Working out won't make you a good fighter.

Fighting makes you a good fighter.

I would take a guy who was involved in 20 street fights over a guy who was hitting the gym for 2 years straight.

I think the most misunderstood things are:

1. how easy it is to get hurt in training
2. how physically demanding it is to fight 5 minutes straight
3. how hard it is to hit someone who is moving his head

He was NERVOUS, thats why he sucked

Sorry, but on behalf on 6'3+ 215 pound sherbros with low bf% that level of weakness is unfathomable

Back