Could CM Punk beat an average man off the street?

I reckon 9 out of 10 average joes on the street would smash him to pieces. He is the worst fighter I have ever seen.

Beating men off in the street average or not, that sort of sordid behaviour would get you arrested and I don't think Phil would do such a thing.
SleepyTinyButterfly-size_restricted.gif

I reckon 9 out of 10 average joes on the street would smash him to pieces. He is the worst fighter I have ever seen.

This is what the average joe looks like after 8 weeks of full time boxing.

Straight off the street they are much worse.

I’m not sure you realise how bad the average joe actually is.

CM Punk would win, on average. There's some guys out there with natural power and ability who could clip him. People really don't seem to realize how abysmal regular people fight without training. Worse than CM Punk.

That sounds completely illogical, conceited and delusional.

Nah sounds about right. CM Punk wouldn't be able to knock out my little sister if she ran face first and chin up into his "punch"

Any other fighter in the UFC I'd say yes, but Phil showed me absolutely nothing offensively that says a random guy who's had a few brawls couldn't put him on his arse, his striking was utterly abysmal and his ground game highly questionable.

Any other fighter in the UFC I'd say yes, but Phil showed me absolutely nothing offensively that says a random guy who's had a few brawls couldn't put him on his arse, his striking was utterly abysmal and his ground game highly questionable.
Yeah, but he was fighting a professional cage fighter. It went the distance. Now I now he got toyed with, but still.

The average person REALLY sucks at fighting.He'd also get his ass kicked here and there if he went around fighting people on the street but win most of the time of course,especially from cardio alone.

Cm punk Would tool the avrage person . The Guy is not fat and out of shape and knows some grappling . When you train with people with zero skills its very Easy to beat them . Most normal people would panic If They ended up in the ground in a streetfight

Yeah, but he was fighting a professional cage fighter. It went the distance. Now I now he got toyed with, but still.
He wasn't fighting a professional cage fighter, he was fighting a striker equally as clueless on the ground, CM Punk is literally any dad ever taking up MMA, it doesn't mean you're going to win every fight because you train a bit, especially when you throw punches like that.

He wasn't fighting a professional cage fighter, he was fighting a striker equally as clueless on the ground, CM Punk is literally any dad ever taking up MMA, it doesn't mean you're going to win every fight you take especially when you throw punches like that.
He was literally fighting someone who is being paid to fight in the UFC aka a professional cage fighter.

He was literally fighting someone who is being paid to fight in the UFC aka a professional cage fighter.
And here's where your usual stupidity shines, professional or not they aren't in the slightest bit competent and we're simply put in there to lose, would you class James Toney a professional cage fighter, or Dada 5000?

And here's where your usual stupidity shines, professional or not they aren't in the slightest bit competent and we're simply put in there to lose, would you class James Toney a professional cage fighter, or Dada 5000?
Usual stupidity? I've never talked to you. Someone who is paid to fight in a cage, is literally a professional fighter. That's just a fact, it's not open to interpretation. You're confusing the definition of a word with its connotation.

Usual stupidity? I've never talked to you. Someone who is paid to fight in a cage, is literally a professional fighter. That's just a fact, it's not open to interpretation. You're confusing the definition of a word with its connotation.
I addressed this in my previous post, saying he was in there with a professional cage fighter means nothing and isn't even an argument as the professional cage fighter in question doesn't even train MMA regularly, and was simply put in there and paid to lose, yet still won.

I addressed this in my previous post, saying he was in there with a professional cage fighter means nothing and isn't even an argument as the professional cage fighter in question doesn't even train MMA regularly, and was simply put in there and paid to lose, yet still won.
Do you know how a sanctioning commission works? An untrained guy is not allowed to fight in a cage in the UFC. He has more training experience than your average Joe and the fact that he's allowed to fight in the UFC is proof of this.

Like I said, I'm not saying CM Punk can beat every untrained guy, but on average he will just by merit of his training. Do you have any how shitty the average person is at fighting? I've seen much, much worse than CM Punk.

It’s interesting how so many sherbros reckon that the average dude in the street has more training than the average sherdogger.

as someone who's never trained anything, i can say with 100% confidence i can throw a punch better than punk
Most people who don’t train think that but if we watched you fight it would be at least as hilarious as him. Moreso.

He wasn't fighting a professional cage fighter, he was fighting a striker equally as clueless on the ground, CM Punk is literally any dad ever taking up MMA, it doesn't mean you're going to win every fight because you train a bit, especially when you throw punches like that.

Not disagreeing with totally but you don't have to be UFC level to be a professional mma fighter.There's about 500 fights a week listed at Tapology and that's just what's found and posted,imagine how many fights there are in the world every week?Probably thousands.Your idea of what a professional mixed martial artist is is blurred by the fact that you mostly watch the top guys in the world.

It is sad how horrible some pro fighters are but it is what it is.Mike Jackson is a pro fighter and his losses have been to some ok guys (don't use Sherdog fight finder).Not horrible for your average pro fighter believe it or not,just horrible for UFC level.

The average person REALLY sucks at fighting.He'd also get his ass kicked here and there if he went around fighting people on the street but win most of the time of course,especially from cardio alone.
But they have no idea how bad they suck. First sparring is almost always a huge wake up even for guys who put in the proper time before starting to spar.

Of course he can, he just got caught in his last fight.

But it won't happen again.

Back