Could Chiesa make a title run if he goes to ATT?

Ying Li

Yo mama
@red
Reaction score
Or another elite camp (are there any others?).

He seems to have the size for 170 and skill base but needs elite coaching IMO.

He could make the Rick Story mistake of not switching to an elite camp in his prime.

<{titihmm}>

Short answer is no.
A little longer: i think he has the potential to go for a decent run If presented with the right opponents. That being said there a way too many top contenders who are nightmare matchups for him. So hell sooner or later lose in a titel eliminator.

In LW or even WW? Not a chance. He'll get slaughter just like Vick.

Not a fucking chance

His grappling won't stand up to the bigger guys in the division, and his awkward striking won't protect him from the heavier hitters

I think this fight showed RDA is done as a top guy at WW. Chiesa is good but he can't wrestle with the best wrestlers in the division and his striking isn't very good.

I certainly hope not. Goddamn that absolutely horrendous display of laynpray...

No chance. To be transparent, he's just not good enough.

Chiesa vs Colby/WB next

Chiesa is a good grappler that's using his size advantage over smaller WWs. I don't see him beating anyone in the top 5.

I think Chiesa has gotten very far with a limited set of skills - he reminds me of dudes like Florian or Rich Franklin, who weren’t natural athletes (like let’s say BJ), but through hard work, clawed their way to the top despite adversities (unlike BJ, who slacked off instead of staying sharp or adapting).

However, at the very top of the sport, hard work is not enough - eventually you will face natural athletes who can outwork you (like Khabib or Tony at LW), and Chiesa, as gritty as he is, definitely has a ceiling that is lower than the contender/champion level.

Chiesa sucks dick. Literally didnt do shit on top all fight. He literally only won because of size not skill.

Nope he's about to be Colbys first knockout in the Ufc

no. The top guys are good enough wrestlers to make him stand and from that point they have the better striking

Nope he's about to be Colbys first knockout in the Ufc

I actually like that fight. Not a fan of feeding guys to heavy hitters after they get knocked out or endure a war, and Chiesa has probably earned a big fight.

Back