Could Bob Sapp slam a legit black belt from guard in no-gi?

One of my friends said its not possible against a legit black belt.
a legit bb wouldnt allow themselves t be slammed lol if they felt it happened theyd open their guard and sweep or upkick his face off

Your friends ever watch any Pride fights?

Or do your friends just think Ricardo Arona is a non legit black belt?

EDIT: I have mad hespect for Arona.

tbh bjj has improved a lot since then closed guard isnt the mecca today like it was in early mid 2000s todays bbs i feel would open up and try to sweep also arona was going for a triangle at that point he could hooked sapps leg but again hooking the leg tec wasnt even out at that time

This is the only way I can think of a sure fire slam from guard. If they somehow get double unders and a body lock from guard, but that's a lot easier said than done too.
Getting double unders and locking hands is not impossible.
If you stack someone up with say that they are just on their head (stacked some 155 dude like that in an absolute, was actually afraid in the match that I did that to violently and might get a slam dq, watching that back on video it could have gone super horribly for him) maybe you could even do a back arch.

Last edited:
DqUrUVw.gif
God damn he could have killed Nog there. Just barely missed a full vertical spike on his head.

I remember an old interview and Nog said the plan was to keep it standing and use a stick and move strategy but then when he was in the ring he got scared and reverted to what he knew best and shot in on Sapp.

God damn he could have killed Nog there. Just barely missed a full vertical spike on his head.

I remember an old interview and Nog said the plan was to keep it standing and use a stick and move strategy but then when he was in the ring he got scared and reverted to what he knew best and shot in on Sapp.
That was indeed a dangerous move and I'm glad it didn't hurt Nog.
Nog was quite good at hitting switches from turtle. He did it in many fights. Here he tried and well... Sapp is a monster.
Sapp would easily slam anyone under 250 who is stupid enough to allow him to, and plenty of other people who would try not to allow him to.
Motivated Sapp with the look in his eyes, TRT and a year of training with Renzo...

That was indeed a dangerous move and I'm glad it didn't hurt Nog.
Nog was quite good at hitting switches from turtle. He did it in many fights. Here he tried and well... Sapp is a monster.
Sapp would easily slam anyone under 250 who is stupid enough to allow him to, and plenty of other people who would try not to allow him to.
Motivated Sapp with the look in his eyes, TRT and a year of training with Renzo...
Even Nog said that at some point - before we all found out that sapp was not made for fighting and a quitter - when he got the skills that he would be very hard to beat (at that time).

Back