Could Bob Sapp slam a legit black belt from guard in no-gi?

ConorFacts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
One of my friends said its not possible against a legit black belt.

I feel my blackbelt is legit. I submit other blackbelts and stuff. Bob Sapp could probably power bomb me from gaurd. I've never even seen a person as big as him, let alone rolled with one. And he has been grappling for years at this point, he likely isn't a white belt.

I feel my blackbelt is legit. I submit other blackbelts and stuff. Bob Sapp could probably power bomb me from gaurd. I've never even seen a person as big as him, let alone rolled with one. And he has been grappling for years at this point, he likely isn't a white belt.

There is no probably

He certainly would easily powerbomb you, assuming you're 225 or under

One of my friends said its not possible against a legit black belt.

Your friends ever watch any Pride fights?

Or do your friends just think Ricardo Arona is a non legit black belt?

EDIT: I have mad hespect for Arona.

Your friends ever watch any Pride fights?

Or do your friends just think Ricardo Arona is a non legit black belt?

EDIT: I have mad hespect for Arona.

not sure, but maybe he meant a legit black belt by todays standards.

not sure, but maybe he meant a legit black belt by todays standards.

If your friend honestly believes Ricardo Arona is not legit I strongly recommend you touch him with the jab.

If he no hespect the jab, you may need to fill the room with uppercuts.

Yes... If the blackbelt insisted on holding on to closed guard. I mean, Sapp could potentially force you to stay there with a bear hug, but if not, you should be able to unlock your legs when he lifted you up.

But if you don't take that split second opportunity to free yourself, you're getting slammed.

Well he picked up Nog who is legit - not sure what legit BB even means. If you train at any half way decent academy you'll be a legit BB if you stick it out. Obviously, older and casual BB will not be on par with young competition/competitive BB but if you stick it out you're legit (provided you're from a decent school).

Last edited:
Yes... If the blackbelt insisted on holding on to closed guard. I mean, Sapp could potentially force you to stay there with a bear hug, but if not, you should be able to unlock your legs when he lifted you up.

But if you don't take that split second opportunity to free yourself, you're getting slammed.

^^
This.

Everyone has gaps in different areas of their knowledge of course, but a ‘legit’ blackbelt should know there is a simple solution to never, ever being picked up & powerbombed by anyone, from any version of ground control.

giphy.gif

^^
This.

Everyone has gaps in different areas of their knowledge of course, but a ‘legit’ blackbelt should know there is a simple solution to never, ever being picked up & powerbombed by anyone, from any version of ground control.

giphy.gif

Yeah the simple counter is disengage legs first so you can stand or scramble.

If you hold it, you goin for a ride.

Are you suggesting Bob Sapp can’t dead lift or Squat 200lbs?

^^
This.

giphy.gif

You could pick someone from the double under control.

There is no probably

He certainly would easily powerbomb you, assuming you're 225 or under
No argument from me. The biggest strongest guy I have rolled with was a ~245lb NFL player. Bob Sapp is almost 100lbs more than that guy while still having abs. That is such a large man I don't think I can even conceptualize how strong he is.

And Bob Sapp isn't a white belt, he has been in MMA gyms for almost 20 years at this point, even if he doesn't train that hard.

Last edited:
Bob Sapp can belly flop on anyone under 225lbs and break their spine.

^^
This.

giphy.gif
Maybe a dumb question, but why would hooking the leg not be effective?

Who would do better against Achilles: Din Djarin or Legolas?

^^
This.

giphy.gif
Yup... from guard, anyway.

From turtle or something, well...

DqUrUVw.gif

You could pick someone from the double under control.

This is the only way I can think of a sure fire slam from guard. If they somehow get double unders and a body lock from guard, but that's a lot easier said than done too.

Back