Could BJ make another run at the LW title?

He probably could if he moved to a "real" camp.

I dont think his lack of success is so much about fading skills or reflexes, as it is about poor fight IQ. If he went down to LW and fought everyone the way he fought against Fitch, he would be tough to beat. The guy needs to remember that he is a BJJ world champ with excellent offensive and defensive wrestling. What he is not, is a world champion boxer. I think the Sherk fight was the worst thing that ever happened to him.

If BJ took some time off and reinvented himself, worked on his diet and got his training figured out. Do you think he could make a run at the LW belt? Hes 34 years old and is 11-3-1 at LW with two of those losses coming to the same guy and the other he avenged. I mean I think after fighting these big WW's for awhile now that he would feel strong at LW. I think if they gave him an easier fight first like Michael Johnson to get his confidence up. Id say because its BJ Penn that he would need two good wins before a number one contenders match. Who would want to see it? Thoughts?

Maybe not a title shot but he'd have some pretty good fights.

Unfortunately not. You don't reinvent yourself at that age in this sport, particularly when you have been around as long as BJ. It's tough because the guy's a warrior, but he couldn't make any noise at any weight class anymore. Personally I'd prefer to not see him get beat up again.

I could honestly see him still being a top 10 force. But I don't see much more than that at this point.

He could get himself a title shot at 155 pounds, but he wouldn't win the 155 pound belt back.

If BJ Penn wants to win a title, he needs to fight at 145, and he needs to be 9,001% committed to winning.

yes a motivated BJ Penn can

BJquote_original_display_image.jpg

hes very well rounded, has spectacular BJJ, iron chin, and hits like a ww/mw @ lw

Honestly, I'm not even sure BJ Penn could win the Bellator LW Title.

At this point wrestlers like Maynard would destroy him

At this point wrestlers like Maynard would destroy him

cause hes totally getting taken down in all his fights? he would do fine against wrestlers, its the biggers guys who can use there reach that have given him trouble in his last 2 losses

cause hes totally getting taken down in all his fights? he would do fine against wrestlers, its the biggers guys who can use there reach that have given him trouble in his last 2 losses

what about the rest of his losses? or are his last 2 the only ones that count?

what about the rest of his losses? or are his last 2 the only ones that count?

Fitch and GSP were able to take him down but prob the two best wrestlers in the WW division
No one at LW is as big, strong or as good as them

Back