could be the wrong forum but wtf is wrong with my arm??

spiderguardman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
feel free to move this but i thought it would be ok to post here since someone here maybe had the same thing.

The thing i

it sounds like the medianus nerve is affected, probably pinched somewhere, go see a sjukgymnast :icon_chee

i talked to a doctor and a chiropractor today at a seminar,

both said the same thing, a nerve pinched somewhere,
the doctor said i should try some anti inflamatory for a week, cause it could probably be an inflamation in my elbow or wrist.
he also said i should avoid movements which puts alot of tension in my forarms, which means i can

I'm pretty certain a tingling in the middle finger is a result of a pinched median nerve. It could be carpal tunnel or a pinch in your shoulder. The problem with pinched nerves is that you don't know what is causing it. If it is something that doesn't require surgery, a doctor is useless. They'll just recommend RICE and tell you to go home.

edit: I had the same thing for a long time, and I still have it a little bit. After I quit my last job (required a lot of manipulation of small objects, notably paper), the problems reduced dramatically. Most of the time I felt it more in my forearm, though.

edit2: I think if the tingling is in the pinky or ring finger, it is a pinch in the ulnar nerve, the middle finger the median nerve, and the index and thumb the radial nerve.

ok so now we know the problem, any suggestions of curing it? or what could have caused it, since botj lifting bjj and my work puts alot of stress on my foremarms...

ok so now we know the problem, any suggestions of curing it? or what could have caused it, since botj lifting bjj and my work puts alot of stress on my foremarms...

Is it possible you have a touch of carpal tunnel- too much keyboard, or some such reptition in the wrist/hand??

What do you do for a job?

wouldn't a pinched nerve be painful?

maybe bad circulation?

Could be impingement of whatever nerve it is that passes through the shoulder - I have chronic swelling in there somewhere and it presses on the nerve and makes my pinkie and ring finger numb on each hand.

Ice + Ibu seems to be the combination that helps me.

well if i was jesus i would just heal myself instead of asking for advice on a internet board wouldn

wouldn't a pinched nerve be painful?

maybe bad circulation?

There are a ton of different symptoms and causes of a pinched nerve. A slight pinch would result in a tingling sensation in the location, a bad pinch would result in extreme pain. You can also have a slight pinch, then "shock" it, say you fall and catch yourself and have a pinch in your forearm. Then you'll have intense pain for a few days, followed by potentially nothing until it gets damaged again.

If you think you have a pinched nerve, you can't really do anything other than RICE, unless it requires surgery. In which case you obviously need a doctor, unless you fancy performing an operation on yourself or have a real good friend.

Rest
Ice
Compression
Something that starts with E.

Rest
Ice
Compression
Something that starts with E.

Elevation.

You use RICE, because a lot of the times pinched nerves can be a result of inflammation.

Edit: The goal with elevation, is to keep the object in question with as straight a path as possible at a level close to that of your heart. (ie. Lay your arm out straight making a straight line with your shoulder, or laying down on a bed, elevating your leg slightly with a pillow.) This minimizes restriction in blood flow. Ice expands capillaries, making less room for blood at the skin level, so blood can flow to the area that needs it more readily. Compression compounds with ice for a double effect. Rest, obviously prevents you from moving the injury, making it worse.

Back