Could anybody outwrestle/outgrapple Karelin (in prime)

Indeed if you look at the definition of natural athleticism it says...

#1 American

#2 Likely Black

That depends on what you are defining as athleticism. There are certainly faster runner and things like that from other places. Any of the soviet athletes were taking literally every steriod they could make though.

DC could and maybe Jones if it was HW and Jones put some mass on but I doubt it

He'd get subbed unless he learns some sub defence

Listen, Ronda Rousey flat out beats Karelin in a street fight. Wrestling is one thing, but this is fighting and this chick is the best in the world at it.

It's just crazy how good she is, you know? You guys are gonna just have to get used to the fact that she can beat anyone up. You, me, Karelin, Godzilla, Mothra... I'm telling you guys. It's just crazy.

I've always thought no was the correct answer and that Karelin would have cleaned up if he moved into MMA.

One hit to the face and he probably would have folded like a cheap suit.

grappling? no. the man was THE beast among beasts. 3 olympic golds should tell you enough.

mma i dunno.

That depends on what you are defining as athleticism. There are certainly faster runner and things like that from other places. Any of the soviet athletes were taking literally every steriod they could make though.

Yep because its a known fact that no American has ever taken steroids.

I think in MMA fight Lesnar, Jones, DC have a chance, Teddy Riner too.

Noone outwrestles prime Karelin, it's not even debatable. He won one of his golds with only one arm working properly and a bunch of ribs broken.
But, in MMA, without years of striking and BJJ training, he wouldn't have been a real threat.

If a NFL-guy would spend a year or two doing wrestling and bjj I think they could beat him. The top NFL-guys are probably the crown of evolution in terms of physical fitness.
lol

Back