Could a boxer take Kyokushin bare knuckle body punching from the get go?

I mean how many kyokushin katatekas do you see hitting killer left hooks to the body or focusing on just punching for 2 hrs?

If you watched Kyokushin you would know that they do... all the time.

depend son the type of boxer people seem to always think all boxers have super hard punches or super fast or hardened tough dudes

lots of guys cant take punishment like mayweather for example so again depend son the guy just like in grappling theres different types of grapplers

If you watched Kyokushin you would know that they do... all the time.

But they don't focus on just punching for 2 hrs. A boxer whenever he covers up they go to the body. And boxers are much more stronger and have much more power in their punches than any karateka.

Spacetime, they don't focus on punching though. they're main weapons are straight a's punchs and kicks. Boxers get hit harder than a straight punch from a kyokushin karateka.

They do more body punches than in their sparring than boxers.

That's not what I've heard. 70% of their training is devoted to punching.

And 100% of boxers training is devoted to punching, and conditioning and explosive, endurance exercises. So really boxers have harder body punches.

And 100% of boxers training is devoted to punching, and conditioning and explosive, endurance exercises. So really boxers have harder body punches.

That wasn't the discussion. Boxers have harder punches with gloves on, and the question was not if a boxer would drop a kyokushinkai bare knuckled. The question was if the kyokushin guy would, or if the boxer could take it.

That wasn't the discussion. Boxers have harder punches with gloves on, and the question was not if a boxer would drop a kyokushinkai bare knuckled. The question was if the kyokushin guy would, or if the boxer could take it.

Yes he could.

Im not a boxer, but a kyokushin guy. We have had boxers come in and train. We once had a formerly nationally ranked amateur join the dojo (he eventually quit due to repeated foot injuries as he had trouble with footwork without shoes). Based on them, bareknuckle to the body is a very nasty surprise to them, and their bodypunches in return are not all that intimidating to the kyokushin guys (they are not bad punches. just not anything special).

Im not a boxer, but a kyokushin guy. We have had boxers come in and train. We once had a formerly nationally ranked amateur join the dojo (he eventually quit due to repeated foot injuries as he had trouble with footwork without shoes). Based on them, bareknuckle to the body is a very nasty surprise to them, and their bodypunches in return are not all that intimidating to the kyokushin guys (they are not bad punches. just not anything special).

I believe it. Did he go down though?

I believe it. Did he go down though?

It happened. They didn't go down like a beginner does (first shot that connects), but it was very clear that bareknuckle attrition tactics to the ribs and liver was not what they were used to (especially since their defence tended to leave the body fairly open and guard the head -even when they didnt have to due to rules). The ranked amateur boxer stayed for about two year before being forced to quit. He was tough to fight, but he too went down occasionally.

Ofcourse, when we switched rules, us kyokushin guys might just have well have had a target painted on the forehead. We sure ate a lot more than we dealt out, and we had big troubles with finding good distance.

and we had big troubles with finding good distance.

I was gonna ask about that. Why are there no long range fighters in Kyokushin tournaments using mostly legs? Like side kicking ala american kickboxing? Is the platform too small?

It happened. They didn't go down like a beginner does (first shot that connects), but it was very clear that bareknuckle attrition tactics to the ribs and liver was not what they were used to (especially since their defence tended to leave the body fairly open and guard the head -even when they didnt have to due to rules). The ranked amateur boxer stayed for about two year before being forced to quit. He was tough to fight, but he too went down occasionally.

Ofcourse, when we switched rules, us kyokushin guys might just have well have had a target painted on the forehead. We sure ate a lot more than we dealt out, and we had big troubles with finding good distance.

I mean if they got hit with a well timed body shot than yeah they would get knocked down from a kyokushinkai's body shots. I really don't doubt a kyokushinkai can knocked down someone but a boxer who focuses on punching for 2 hrs? He would be able to knock them down with at least 2 body shots.

I was gonna ask about that. Why are there no long range fighters in Kyokushin tournaments using mostly legs? Like side kicking ala american kickboxing? Is the platform too small?
There are plenty of long range guys. Dont know what you are talking about. There are no PURE long range guys, but that is because there is no such thing as staying in long range unless both fighters want it that way.

I mean if they got hit with a well timed body shot than yeah they would get knocked down from a kyokushinkai's body shots. I really don't doubt a kyokushinkai can knocked down someone but a boxer who focuses on punching for 2 hrs? He would be able to knock them down with at least 2 body shots.

AsI have said. The power of the boxers punches did not overly impress us kyokushin guys.
Boxers may be the hardest punchers around with wraps and gloves. Without them... no.

AsI have said. The power of the boxers punches did not overly impress us kyokushin guys.
Boxers may be the hardest punchers around with wraps and gloves. Without them... no.

Ok you make a fair point.

Ok you make a fair point.
And as I also said. They did not hold up very well to our bodypunches. We racked that up to them not really conditioning their bodies against bareknuckle punches. Bareknuckle punches is a whole different animal to gloved punches. It hurts in a VERY different way.
But I cannot say that is the real reason, only our impression.

I cannot remember any of them dropping one of us with bodyshots at all.
Well, the ranked amateur did. But not in the beginning, only after he had trained with us a while.

And as I also said. They did not hold up very well to our bodypunches. We racked that up to them not really conditioning their bodies against bareknuckle punches. Bareknuckle punches is a whole different animal to gloved punches. It hurts in a VERY different way.
But I cannot say that is the real reason, only our impression.

I cannot remember any of them dropping one of us with bodyshots at all.
Well, the ranked amateur did. But not in the beginning, only after he had trained with us a while.

Well karate teaches you footwork, so i think a lot of boxers would have trouble getting good body shots on a karateka.

Ehm, a punch is a punch no matter what. An unconditioned boxer can't do it consecutively at the same consistent level. But as a one shot deal, of course he punches harder. But I don't think the difference in power is as large as people perceive. Kyokushinkais train punching a lot, with more of a boxing flavour in their technique than point fighting Karate styles.

There are plenty of long range guys. Dont know what you are talking about. There are no PURE long range guys, but that is because there is no such thing as staying in long range unless both fighters want it that way.

Can you please reference one who is famous for staying on the outside with side kicks?

Well karate teaches you footwork, so i think a lot of boxers would have trouble getting good body shots on a karateka.

Kyokushin footwork is not the same as the one normally associated with karate. Kyokushin is more about endurance.

Back