Cotto vs Sergio - HBO Face Off

Cotto beats him handily. He might get buzzed once or twice. Outside of a Hail Mary KO Sergio can't win this.

"Hail Mary KO's" are still legal way of winning a boxing bout, last time I checked. And one of more spectacular ways to win moreso...

However I don't like discrediting a fighter in advance like that. It would be the same if I said "if Cotto winns it is only because Martinez is getting old."

You see, with premise like that you just don't want to give a credit to eventual winner in despising him in advance

I'm going with Sergio in this fight. He seems to fight best when the competition is better.

"Hail Mary KO's" are still legal way of winning a boxing bout, last time I checked. And one of more spectacular ways to win moreso...

Sure it is. I think what people are saying though, is that Cotto has the better skill set. He's a better boxer, better brawler etc. I'm not sure you can point to anyone on Sergio's resume who has a better resume himself than Cotto does.

I agree with the notion that Sergio pretty much has a punchers chance here. I see no other way he wins.

Agreed. Sergio will win by punching Cotto. Glad we can agree.

If he wins at all, yes, it'll likely be one big bomb.

Will you then claim it was a lucky punch?? Will you only give Sergio credit if he outboxed Cotto to your satisfaction??

If Sergio wins it will most likely be a TKO victory.

Sergio's got more balls than Cotto. I don't think anyone's mentioned that.

If it turns into a brawl, Sergio has a better chance of coming out ahead. In a tactical, slower fight, it's up in the air.

No. I don't do that. Whoever wins, wins.

Like when Sergio beat Chavez Jr and you refused to give him any credit? Instead only concentrating on the knockdown and claiming Chavez fought stupidly until then??

😁

Like when Sergio beat Chavez Jr and you refused to give him any credit? Instead only concentrating on the knockdown and claiming Chavez fought stupidly until then??

😁

Thats totally false.

I even said as recently as yesterday that Sergio proved me wrong in the chavez fight.

Don't make shit up.

If it turns into a brawl, Sergio has a better chance of coming out ahead. In a tactical, slower fight, it's up in the air.

he certainly does fight with a uber level of Machismo, doesn't he?

One thing Sergio (should have done) in the 12th was to fight on the outside and ride on his bicycle...rather then exchanging with JCc jr.

Reaching here, I specifically remember him saying he was proven wrong.

Got more balls or isnt as talented of a boxer?

Reaching here, I specifically remember him saying he was proven wrong.

Sergio dominating 10 and a half rounds doesn't mean the 12th never happened.

Sergio dominating 10 and a half rounds doesn't mean the 12th never happened.

I about shit a kitten when he got popped. Saw my $$ going down the drain lol.

I was literally screaming for Sergio to "STAY AWAY FROM HIM" similar to how Apollo's trainer was screaming in round 15 of Rocky II.

Back