Cotto vs Sergio - HBO Face Off

Damn, Cotto was dirty as hell against Judah. I had sort of forgotten that.

Paulie said Cotto was the dirtiest fighter he ever faced, iirc. Said something about how he woke up the day after the fight and Cotto had bruised his front shin to shit by kneeing it or some shit, lol.

Cotto beats him handily. He might get buzzed once or twice. Outside of a Hail Mary KO Sergio can't win this.

Cotto is going to leave his soul in that ring in order to beat Martinez because Martinez called him a diva. Just you watch.

Cotto beats him handily. He might get buzzed once or twice. Outside of a Hail Mary KO Sergio can't win this.
Exactly how I see it. I won't be shocked if Sergio hurts him but Cotto is better at everything.

"And you won both? Ah right, you lost, sorry."

That had me dying.

Somehow it gets ignored that both guys lost to Margarito.

Sergio gets handled by Pac and Floyd too. Sergio isn't that sort of fighter.

margarito-cotto 1 was more relevant than that ancient margarito-martinez fight.
Maybe. Sergio was certainly closer to his physical prime against Tony than he is now.

Somehow it gets ignored that both guys lost to Margarito.

Sergio gets handled by Pac and Floyd too. Sergio isn't that sort of fighter.

Nah, Sergio is too big for Pac, the size difference would be enormous, would be a 20+ weight advantage and like a 5 inch height advantage, he stops Pacquiao in less than 8. He would probably give Floyd one hell of a fight, and lose a competitive fight.

Out of any fight this year, I'm most excited for this one.

No bet for me....but if you put a gun to my head I would lean slightly towards Sergio.

Can't think of a better example of the aphorism, "styles make fights" than this fight.

I'm favoring Cotto, but I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a L. Sergio will give him his toughest fight since Margarito 1.

About nonsense.

If the fight were in Argentina, then maybe Sergio could be the headliner.

Sergio strikes me as a guy who rehearses what he's going to say before he says it.

Oh of course he does. He is one of the smartest boxers today. He must be a huge Cotto fan.

These "Face Off's" are quite fun but they ultimately mean nothing down the stretch. These guys are paid to pummel, not be charismatic - though the latter doesn't hurt.

Cotto wins this and drops Sergio twice before a 11th round TKO stoppage.

Back