Cotto vs Martinez Analysis

Please post content here, not just a direct link to a blog. You can link it at the end.

I'm favouring Cotto in this match up, I don't think Cotto struggles too much with southpaws given his performance against Zab Judah (groin shots and all) but then again, Sergio and Judah aren't the same person.

Something interesting I did here though is that Sergio apparently gets caught more with left hooks than most other punches. I don't know the truth behind it though and I've not seen a ton of sergio's fights, just his most recent few

I'm favouring Cotto in this match up, I don't think Cotto struggles too much with southpaws given his performance against Zab Judah (groin shots and all) but then again, Sergio and Judah aren't the same person.

Something interesting I did here though is that Sergio apparently gets caught more with left hooks than most other punches. I don't know the truth behind it though and I've not seen a ton of sergio's fights, just his most recent few

Yeah, to be honest I saw that a bit, but I haven't seen so many of his fights to have noticed that as a pattern. To be honest, Cotto wasn't too devastating with lead hooks against his last southpaw (not that that means a terrible lot). Also While Williams was able to land lead hooks on Martinez, they were right hooks so the angle is different from the left. Cotto is really good at closing out his combos with that left hook. If Martinez stays there long enough for that to happen then I suppose it won't bode to well for him.

Back