Cotto to earn 30 million, Saul 10 million.

Golovkin gets teed off on by Monroe, for example (and visibly worn by body shots might I add), and fans go crazy "Hes toying with him! No one can beat him!"

Canelo trades with Kirkland and gets cracked, "Dude is a statue and cant move! He gets killed by so and so."

However good GGG's boxing ability was back in his amateur days, he now tends to rely almost completely on his chin for defense. Cotto is no big power puncher, and neither is Canelo. But both guy know how to put some heavy leverage behind their shots if they want to. I wouldn't be surprised if either guy managed to hurt Golovkin.

I think they both qualify for big hitters. Maybe not Golovkin level but still near the top of the heap.

I think you underestimate Canelo's ability/firepower and brass balls.

I don't though, I actually think it's his brass balls that gets him hurt against GGG. He has the firepower to hurt Golovkin, and he'll be a very solid puncher at 160. But I do not believe he has the type of power that Golovkin has, so an even exchange sounds like a bigger threat to Canelo.

Bad picture, u can tell Cotto is leaning over to his right.
GGG is only 3 inches taller than Cotto and only an inch bigger than Canelo. Canelo has a longer reach but idk.
I think Canelo beats Cotto and GGG vs Canelo happens while Cotto fights Margarito for the 3rd time.

Three inches is a lot of height. But beyond that, they are just completely different sizes. Look at their heads and bodies, they do not appear to be close to the same weight class.

That is supported by their weight also. Cotto weighed 153 when he weighed in for Geale. Why the hell would Cotto weigh under the super-welterweight limit for a middleweight fight? Because otherwise he'd just be fat and slow, because he's a small guy.

Cotto is a smallish light-middleweight. GGG and Canelo are both average middleweights who weigh in the 170's on fight night.

When Cotto was Canelo's age, he was at 140.

Golovkin's defense is shit. He isnt moving out of the way of any punches either.

Neither one of them have great defense, but I wouldn't say either one has shit defense either. I'd say the issue is that every once in a while GGG leaves his chin out in the wind and Canelo lacks escapability when being pressured.

The difference is, for Canelo that looks like a physical problem (heavy feet). For GGG, it looks like a brass balls issue. Almost like he is daring guys to open up so that he can return fire on a more vulnerable opponent. I could be wrong, but that is what it looks like when it's occurring.

GGG is a mean son of a bitch. I think people see him talking in that goofy accent and playing to the crowd and think that is his whole personality. But in the ring, he's genuinely looking to hurt people and even does some taunting. He's not relaxed in there, he's a killer.

The more I talk about Canelo vs GGG, the more I think it might be one of the more brutal and awesome fights in my lifetime for whatever time it actually lasts.

Meh. I dont see a difference in a guy's chin being wide open coming forward vs a guy's chin being wide open standing in the pocket. They both get hit a lot, yet Golovkin gets the pass for it by most accounts.

Think that fight comes down to whose chin holds up longer and that again takes me back to not having enough info to have a strong opinion right now. What edge I do see for Canelo is the speed in which he delivers combinations. Its really something.

I don't think Canelo takes the fight. Boxing is such a clusterfuck that he doesn't have to.

Cotto getting paid nicely

Nice

Soooo then Golovkin shouldnt ask for Mayweather?

The point is that fighters pick and choose their fights. All of them do it.

Lara gives Cotto a lot of problems.

I don't know how you got that out of what I posted. Please explain.

I never denied that, I just don't think that a fight with Lara is a good example. If you had said Ward, fine whatever, but Lara? He's hardly relevant.

I disagree, I actually think that Cotto finds Lara and stops him early. Cotto is aggresive on the front foot and can seek and destroy and Lara is a bit chinny. Bad matchup for Lara IMO.

LOLOL. Lemi/N'Dam purse bid was 102,000.

Lara just got 1 mil for fighting Rodriguez.

so ask people who they would rather pay to see him fight lara or lemi the lara fight would look a lot like the canelo fight for as long as it lasted and i dont think it goes the full 12. most casuals only know lara from the canelo fight and thats why he made more money in his last fight.

I want to see GGG up against a big puncher id rather watch lemi fight than a lara fight

I don't know how you got that out of what I posted. Please explain.

I never denied that, I just don't think that a fight with Lara is a good example. If you had said Ward, fine whatever, but Lara? He's hardly relevant.

I disagree, I actually think that Cotto finds Lara and stops him early. Cotto is aggresive on the front foot and can seek and destroy and Lara is a bit chinny. Bad matchup for Lara IMO.

It was more of an elaboration on the topic than what you said.

Lara is very relevant at the division Golovkin said he wanted to fight in.

Cotto has had problems with skilled boxers. Lara is brilliant there.

so ask people who they would rather pay to see him fight lara or lemi the lara fight would look a lot like the canelo fight for as long as it lasted and i dont think it goes the full 12. most casuals only know lara from the canelo fight and thats why he made more money in his last fight.

I want to see GGG up against a big puncher id rather watch lemi fight than a lara fight

That is not what you said. You said Lara brings less money. He doesnt.

Man, this whole thread turned into a GGG thing. Golovkin's my dude, I think he beats both of these guys, but that's not the issue on hand atm. Personally just pumped for Cotto/Canelo for now and both of these guys deserve a lot of money for being awesome.

As for the payday, both of these dudes be like:

giphy.gif

Also testament to Floy's greatness, imo.

I would fight all 3 of them and a starved honey badger for 30 million.

Lol no doubt. I'd get it all in ones and fill a small house with it.

Ya taking the bigger fight/pay day means he is chickenshit. Lot of chickenshits in boxing then.

Not what I said. I said I hope the winner is Canelo, because he will take the GGG fight. If Cotto wins, he wont.

Fight is gonna be great, can't wait

Lol, Cotto can now officially buy all of Caguas.

Maybe all of Puerto Rico, now that I think of it.

You think Canelo accepted the biggest payday of his career, and a chance for his first signature victory, AND the lineal middleweight championship...just for the fans? lol

No..I think he left money on the table for the fans...and to get the fight on.. that's the only explanation..Cotto is not as popular as Canelo and lost to Trout who Canelo beat.. makes no sense that he is getting 3/4 the purse...

Back