Cotto to earn 30 million, Saul 10 million.

TheIronCaptain

White Belt
Reaction score
By Dan Ambrose: WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto (40-4, 33 KOs) and 25-year-old former IBF/WBC junior middleweight champion Saul

I'm fine with the split. Canelo will get more than his share in the future.

Golovkin is probably pissed.

Seems like bullshit. 20million/20million seems fair. 30/10 is almost outrageous.

War Canelo! He'd actually have the balls to fight GGG next. Cotto, I don't believe would.

I'm happy for everyone. Surprised cotto is getting so much more than canelo tho

Seems like bullshit. 20million/20million seems fair. 30/10 is almost outrageous.

War Canelo! He'd actually have the balls to fight GGG next. Cotto, I don't believe would.

Cotto certainly lacks balls.

What in the fuck man lol.

Seems fair .. A side vs B side I think Cotto wins but I am rooting for Canelo

Cotto certainly lacks balls.

What in the fuck man lol.

From everything I've read, it sounds like he's doing he can to avoid GGG, and may even vacate the title rather than fight him. If that's the case, that's pretty chickenshit.

But even if he was 100% ready to fight GGG after this fight, I'd rather see Canelo/GGG. Just seems like the better fight.

Disgusting that they are payed that much. Hopefully 50% of that is taxed

How is that outrageous? Cotto promotes himself. That is one of the biggest gambles in boxing. He deserves every dime he gets no matter the amount. Not his fault his opponent doesn't do the same thing.

I would love to see both these guys fight GGG but I don't think they are cowards if they don't. It's business. If Cotto thinks he would lose to GGG why would he even consider risking it before this giant payday? Even after a 30 million dollar payday he should seriously consider retirement rather then more fights. He has nothing left to prove to anyone. He fought the absolute best guys for years win or lose. If you really just want to see him get his brains smashed in go watch the first Margarito fight a few times.

Canelo will fight GGG at some point. He has a history of trying to fight everyone regardless of their skill or power.

Glad to see fighters getting paid. I am a little surprised by the amounts.

Hope it is a good fight.

Nobody wants to fight GGG. Same same.

Gotta feel sorry for GGG,dude is just so damn scary he cant get money fights

Cotto put on a much more spirited challenge to Floyd and he beat the man at MW.
Nice to see the cash filtering out to others outside of the golden twosome.
We know Cotto doesn't fancy any part of GGG, how do we know Canelo will take up the challenge?

That's crazy.. you can look at their trends and see which one deserves the bigger cut... Canelo almost doubles Cotto. I think what we have here.. is Cotto refused to negotiate, and Canelo decided to eat the loss so he could deliver the fight for the fans

That's crazy.. you can look at their trends and see which one deserves the bigger cut... Canelo almost doubles Cotto. I think what we have here.. is Cotto refused to negotiate, and Canelo decided to eat the loss so he could deliver the fight for the fans

orly_owl.jpg

Lets see if he's so willing to please the fans vs GGG.

Back