Cotto/Martinez possibly June 7th

I'm pretty sure the ref didn't call it a KD when Junior pushed Martinez down. That KD in round 12 was as clean a KD as I've seen. The push down wasn't ruled a KD.

I'm talking about the rd 12 kd, jr swungs/pushes Sergio down. What do you think about the Vlad/Povetkin kd's
Seems like a discretionary/subjective issue but one that can be debated

Martinez Dec but this is a year from now.

This is no walkover fight for Cotto. Sergio sometimes looks predictable on offense because he is not a natural boxer but more of an athletic fighter. The guys he's been fighting have been making him lead and create openings on his own which he is not great at. I'm not sure Cotto will be able to do that with his height and size disadvantage. Cotto is going to have to get inside on Sergio and he is going to leave some openings while doing it. Also Sergio has been getting hit by way bigger guys than Cotto, I don't think he is going to wipe Sergio out if he does connect.

Cotto's biggest asset once again is going to be his jab and his boxing ability. He's going to have to work his way inside and set up his attack. I think he will have some success but unless sergio is REALLY on the slide, i think he'll lose over twelve.

Well written my fren. Sergio has shown to be vulnerable to jabs in the past but the determining factors will be whether Cotto can close the distance Consistently. Cotto will obviously be the aggressor in this fight which bodes well for Sergio as he should be able to stay on the outside and pick Cotto apart for enough rds to get the nod.

Cotto has one of the best jabs in the business.

You'll all see what Cotto could do if this fight takes place.

he'll probably do what he's been doing for the past 5 years , lose another big fight .

He beat the fuck out Judah, Mosley, Margarito 2, Rodriguez and the list goes on. What are you talking about?

He beat the fuck out Judah, Mosley, Margarito 2, Rodriguez and the list goes on. What are you talking about?

" the past 5 years " doesn't include judah and mosley.

i don't rate the win over blindarito that highly . and rodriguez ? please...

Ooh people on here don't seem to like Sergio. Cotto is awesome but I think Sergio takes it.

Mosley/Cotto was one of the most even fights I have ever seen. Compubox even credited them for landing the exact same # of punches.

Mosley/Cotto was one of the most even fights I have ever seen. Compubox even credited them for landing the exact same # of punches.

Compubox, you say?? Interesting.

"beat the fuck outta Mosley"? Did you watch the fight?

and he hardly beat the fuck outta judah ... who was on a 3 fight winless streak when cotto fought him .

he struggled a lot in that fight, and resorted to throwing low blows out of frustration .

I don't know how you guys can say Cotto has fought nobody's when he gave Floyd his toughest fight in years. Even a drained Cotto matched Pac speed for speed and power for power. He just got tired.

He gave Floyd a rough fight, Floyd hadn't taken so much shots in years.

Retired Margarito.

One of the best jabs in boxing today.

Has one of the higher knockout percentages.

Cotto is a legitimate champion. If you say he hasn't fought nobody, you're wrong.

Last edited:
Back