Cotto/Martinez - June 7 - MSG

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=78593

Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach is raising questions about the durability of Sergio Martinez's chin. This Saturday night at New York's Madison Square Garden, Martinez (51-2-2, 28KOs) will defend his WBC middleweight title against Roach's newest star pupil, former three division champion Miguel Cotto (38-4, 31KOs).

Roach trained Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. for his fight with Martinez in 2012. Martinez dominated the action for eleven rounds, but he was hurt and nearly knocked out in the twelfth. Roach says Cotto is a bigger puncher than Chavez, and believes the Puerto Rican star will end the fight with the first major shot that lands.

"If you let your hands go he's hittable and he don't have that good a chin. Chavez is a not a big puncher. He's a pretty good puncher, but not as good as Miguel. When Miguel hits him once it's over," Roach told BoxingScene.com.
---

OMG!! Freddy spewing nonsense! He's swaying people!

This has to be some BS

Andy Lee was a pretty big 160. I don't see this move to 154 working out.

Forgive my ignorance
And no disrespect to actual homosexuals, but yes

You're right, we shouldnt insult homos with Lebron comments. That was wrong of me and they dont deserve that.

Cotto coming in light to try and match Sergio speed

Cotto just coming in at his natural weight.

Some of you guys act as though you've never seen him fight before. This is the highest weight of his career.

Stop being pompous. The regulars know the situation.

Stop being pompous. The regulars know the situation.

I'm not being pompous. Literally since the day this was announced, Cotto has said he wouldn't weight 160 and would come in at a comfortable weight.

155 = middleweight.

It's 50/50 to me. My heart says Martinez but I would not be surprised if Cotto wins. I can't wait for this Saturday!

Roach saying Cotto will win shouldn't surprise anyone. But I think the fourth round KO prediction could says something about their game plan. Probably means Cotto is going to try to walk him down and beat the shit out of him like the Rodriguez fight.

Roach always predicts his fighters will win by ko. Means jack shit since they usually don't

He's just backing his guy up

Im going to throw my computer out of the window if Cotto loses.

Anyone know what Sergio typically weighs fight night?

Back