Cotto/Martinez - June 7 - MSG

Chavez isn' t really a big puncher. He punches a lot and is aggressive but he isn't really a KO artist.

I've always thought people overrated Cotto's power a bit too but several guys he's fought have said he was the hardest puncher they faced. Paulie said that I believe.

What I see as Cotto's best offensive quality is accuracy. Accuracy can be as important as power, more so possibly

Manny Pacquiao also named Cotto when asked who was the best puncher he ever faced

I can still feel some of those punches he threw at me. Staying on the ropes is not the best place to be when you are fighting him. He's also accurate. He's incredible.

He also said Cotto was the smartest fighter he ever fought

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/332393-best-ive-faced-manny-

Cotto has never really had that 1 punch ko power but the way he breaks guys down when he's in vintage form is beautiful to watch

ROach just said he been seeing Sergio coming out of the sauna everyday in full sweet suit, meaning Sergio is struggling to make weight. but Cotto was 157 today.

More people are picking Cotto

Exactly, this isn't some rare upset pick, the betting lines favor Sergio but most people are split on this, if not more fans are favoring Cotto. There was one guy on here who actually said something like "there's no way you can logically break this fight down and pick Sergio."

If Cotto wins then it's a good call but it's not like he's getting no respect.

This could very well be a Seano Danny Garcia moment...where Seano against vast numbers makes a bold prediction.

I'll toot my own horn here.

I've made quite a few predicitions that people made fun of me for that I was spot on. Garcia over Mathysse ,Pac beating down Oscar, Shane destroying Tony, Darchinyan over Mijares, ,Cintron over Angulo,Hopkins over Pavlik (yes I did)... Everyone of those people said I didn't know what I was talking about, and I must be a hater etc etc etc

The one truly bad prediction I made was sergio losing to Chavez junior and thats the one people have really held on to.

Sergio does have a way of outlasting guys, I have to give him that credit. He takes a beating and keeps on going. I think on saturday though, he's just going to take a beating.

Last edited:
Exactly, this isn't some rare upset pick, the betting lines favor Sergio but most people are split on this, if not more fans are favoring Cotto. There was one guy on here who actually said something like "there's no way you can logically break this fight down and pick Sergio."

If Cotto wins then it's a good call but it's not like he's getting no respect.
I don't agree at all.

I don't post anywhere else but do read the comments on fighthype, espn, boxingscene etc and far more people are picking Sergio and most seem to view it as a mismatch, and see Sergio stopping him in a one sided fight.

I heard lebern jerms may sit this one out with a fractured uteris.
A uterin fracture if you will

Ebron the Lions tight end.

Lebron is a piss drinking balding homosexual.

I don't agree at all.

I don't post anywhere else but do read the comments on fighthype, espn, boxingscene etc and far more people are picking Sergio and most seem to view it as a mismatch, and see Sergio stopping him in a one sided fight.

Nobody's gonna be surprised if a bigger, stronger Sergio beats up a smaller Cotto, and nobody will be surprised if an old Sergio gets beaten up by a well rounded fighter like Cotto.

I disagree that most people view this as a mismatch in either guy's favor. This is a huge fight, people want to tune into see who how this plays out, people wouldn't care if they just thought Sergio's gonna beat Cotto down or vice versa, imo. It's not like a Pac or Floyd fight where people will tune in no matter what. It's a good fight with an interesting storyline, most people don't see this as a mismatch. I'm pumped for it and excited to see how it plays out. Cotto's definitely not underrated here.

Yeah, Roach should pick against the guys he trains. Fucking guy picking Cotto... lolzers!

Yeah, Roach should pick against the guys he trains. Fucking guy picking Cotto... lolzers!

yeah that's another reason to not put much weight in what he's saying. Also, no one with a Marlon Brando Godfather avatar should ever write 'lolzers.' ever.

yeah that's another reason to not put much weight in what he's saying. Also, no one with a Marlon Brando Godfather avatar should ever write 'lolzers.' ever.

I'm curious where the outrage was when Sergio said he'd win by KO. Link me to the post where you heckled Sergio for the prediction.

Roach saying Cotto will win shouldn't surprise anyone. But I think the fourth round KO prediction could says something about their game plan. Probably means Cotto is going to try to walk him down and beat the shit out of him like the Rodriguez fight.

Roach saying Cotto will win shouldn't surprise anyone. But I think the fourth round KO prediction could says something about their game plan. Probably means Cotto is going to try to walk him down and beat the shit out of him like the Rodriguez fight.

I'm not sure what to make of that.

I think there's a lot of danger for Cotto coming in. Sergio is not much of an inside fighter, but he's great at catching guys coming in. If Cotto can get inside easily, he wrecks Sergio.

But yeah, they've been saying they'd push Sergio around and manhandle him. We'll see. It could be smoke and mirrors.

According to Roach Cotto is a much bigger puncher

He's never been really known as a big puncher - hard puncher that just wears guys down.

I got sergio taking him out.

Still can't believe how cotto has lasted so long and become what everyone thought Bajado was going to be.

Back