Cotto/Martinez - June 7 - MSG

just looking at the u/c. didnt realise julian jackson had a son who boxed. john jackson, he is facing andy lee. looks like he has some pop like his pa as is 18-1 (15 ko's). sounds untested thou

And Quintana got destroyed in the rematch in one round.

With a lot of punches to the back of the head.

Either way, which fight said more about Williams? The 12 rounds he got schooled against Quintana? Or the 1 where he caught him with a punch?

The more I think about this fight, the more I think the key difference will be footwork. Look at Martinez's last two opponents, Chavez and Murray, there were both essentially plodders. Cotto has some of the best footwork in the game (just look how easily he closed distance on Rodriguez in the last fight, or heck, just watch that video from this week of him hitting the heavy bag).

Martinez is fairly mobile, but his footwork can be a bit clumsy (and hes usually moving against physically bigger plodders, making him look even more mobile). Using his excellent jab and footwork, I think Cotto will be able to get in and out when he wants, and that will be the difference.

With a lot of punches to the back of the head.

Either way, which fight said more about Williams? The 12 rounds he got schooled against Quintana? Or the 1 where he caught him with a punch?
You have spewed a whole lot of nonsense on this topic, I am extremely glad the fight is just a few days away. Its been so bad that once I attempt to argue your points I decide to let it go due to the extreme distaste you have for Sergio. What is even worse is that ppl are taking nearly all your points to mind and has started to sway their minds of who should really be the favorite. Just 2 days away

You have spewed a whole lot of nonsense on this topic, I am extremely glad the fight is just a few days away. Its been so bad that once I attempt to argue your points I decide to let it go due to the extreme distaste you have for Sergio. What is even worse is that ppl are taking nearly all your points to mind and has started to sway their minds of who should really be the favorite. Just 2 days away
crybaby.jpg

Its pathetic how personally some of you douchebags take these Sergio discussions. the post you quoted had nothing to do with Sergio as I pointed out in the previous post.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=78593

Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach is raising questions about the durability of Sergio Martinez's chin. This Saturday night at New York's Madison Square Garden, Martinez (51-2-2, 28KOs) will defend his WBC middleweight title against Roach's newest star pupil, former three division champion Miguel Cotto (38-4, 31KOs).

Roach trained Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. for his fight with Martinez in 2012. Martinez dominated the action for eleven rounds, but he was hurt and nearly knocked out in the twelfth. Roach says Cotto is a bigger puncher than Chavez, and believes the Puerto Rican star will end the fight with the first major shot that lands.

"If you let your hands go he's hittable and he don't have that good a chin. Chavez is a not a big puncher. He's a pretty good puncher, but not as good as Miguel. When Miguel hits him once it's over," Roach told BoxingScene.com.
---

OMG!! Freddy spewing nonsense! He's swaying people!

did you take that pic from a family album or something ?

doesn't look like something you'd see floating on the interwebs.

did you take that pic from a family album or something ?

doesn't look like something you'd see floating on the interwebs.

Google images.

Cotto a bigger puncher than 200-pound Chavez. Lol.

Cotto might very well win, but he's not going to do it by overpowering Sergio.

Cotto a bigger puncher than 200-pound Chavez. Lol.

Cotto might very well win, but he's not going to do it by overpowering Sergio.

Chavez isn' t really a big puncher. He punches a lot and is aggressive but he isn't really a KO artist.

I've always thought people overrated Cotto's power a bit too but several guys he's fought have said he was the hardest puncher they faced. Paulie said that I believe.

What I see as Cotto's best offensive quality is accuracy. Accuracy can be as important as power, more so possibly.

Looking at it from the view that Cotto wins, I would suspect it to look more like the Quintana fight, pretty similar style to Sergio, or if Sergio is still broken, I could potentially see Cotto rolling over him like Rodriguez.

flame away.

Martinez is a 2 to 1 favorite. Time to lay down that $$. I have a feeling Cotto will win. Could be my fanboy talkin though.

Sauce

I'm picking Martinez too

Spelled Cotto wrong there.

Rustlemania is going to ensue around 12:45 CST for you

I hope Ebron tears his ACL on opening day.

This could very well be a Seano Danny Garcia moment...where Seano against vast numbers makes a bold prediction.

Back