Cote dropping to welterweight.

jessecalvillo

FightsAreSweet
Reaction score
Interesting. Who should he fight? Id like to see Cote vs Mike Swick or Amir Sodallah. Kinda makes sense as far as rankings go. But just for fun, I'd like to see Cote vs Kampmann. Or Dan Hardy. Lots of matchups for the predator.

I think he will find life at WW harder than he thinks with all of the strong wrestlers at the top of the division.

Not sure why, but I would like to see him fight Ellenberger for some reason.

Dodging that Sakara rematch.

Hope he finds success at WW. Hardy would be a good start for him. Or Amir. Maybe Paulo Thigo.

He has been looking like he could get in better shape, I guess WW will force him to do that. I hope everything works out for him!

He will be back to MW in 2-3 fights.

He isn't going to do anything special at WW.

Maybe Paulo Thiago vs Cote might be next.

Dodging that Sakara rematch.

Hope he finds success at WW.

Untrue and frankly, rather gratuitous. Sakara cannot fight at 158.

Dana seems to want to make UFC 158 a WW stacked card.

Cote offered himself as a WW, pretty profesionnal of him.

Didn't he start at 205?

Hope he doesn't balloon between fights.

He will be back to MW in 2-3 fights.

He isn't going to do anything special at WW.

Maybe Paulo Thiago vs Cote might be next.

I agree that nothing will come of it but I'm curious to see if he loses the weight correctly. I feel like he will botch his first weight cut

Untrue and frankly, rather gratuitous. Sakara cannot fight at 158.

Dana seems to want to make UFC 158 a WW stacked card.

Cote offered himself as a WW, pretty profesionnal of him.

Calm down Patrick....And you know these things how, get off Cote's nuts you douche bag. Sakara would have TKO'd with or without the illegal blows...he was done from those elbows, and anybody who thinks otherwise is not realistic

He would for sure be one of the harder punching WW is such is the case, also he would have one of the best chins in the WW div.

lol ducking sakara. hope he performs well at 170

yes, Cote has been one of the few sub-heavyweight fighters that has fought without a six-pack for far too long. show us that French-Canadian six-pack, baby. show us.

I like Cote and hope he does well. The top of the division is no better for him than the one he's leaving, though.

Might as well try it I guess, but it feels like he's throwing a hail mary as the clock ticks down on his career. It'll be interesting to see if he can do the cardio necessary. He's no spring chicken and he's got a bum knee.

Yeah, agree. This is probably just a dumb move. If he had a grappling base I could maybe see it, but for an aging striker, where is the logic in moving down and fighting quicker guys. For his sake I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see this going well for him.

Back