Cote-Burkman fight. Burkman eating a big plate of crow today

UWPguy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Did anyone else listen to the Josh Burkman interview last week on Beatdown? He was pretty arrogant and essentially said that Cote is not on his level and that he'll have a chance to "show his skills" against a lesser fighter after fighting killers Lombard and DHK in his first 2 fights back to the UFC.

Well Josh, how's that crow taste? Hopefully it's good because unless Uncle Dana has sympathy on you, dessert might be a pink slip notice that you are done in the UFC after what is pretty much 3 rather embarrassing losses - with only Lombard's positive PED test preventing him from being on a 3 fight skid.

I thought they were friends. I enjoyed the fight

"Well Josh, how's that crow taste?"...you ok brah?

How does Josh Burkman even have haters?

Shouldn't have slept on Cote,that's for sure.

yeah, i don't see the point in going back over what people said ahead about a fight. of course a fighter should believe in himself and expect to win. anyone in the division should believe that they can at least beat cote, too.

yeah, i don't see the point in going back over what people said ahead about a fight. of course a fighter should believe in himself and expect to win. anyone in the division should believe that they can at least beat cote, too.

Pretty much. Fighters need to hype their fights.
But then again wasn't Forrest pretty arrogant when he was going to fight Techno Viking?

Never liked his burkman guy...his only relevancy was beating fitch,

There is a difference between hyping a fight/believing in yourself which is fine and disrespecting your opponent, which is not.

I don't hate Burkman, in fact I kinda liked him on his first UFC run, but what bothers me is when guys talk shit but can't back it up. Burkman has a lot of losses, he doesn't get to say things like he is on a higher level than another accomplished opponent.

His fight with Cote was a good fight and he was taking it to him. Cote didn't seem too angry about anything Burkman said. Why nitpick over it now?

Burkman had that look of arrogance, and disdain that he had to fight someone who he thought was so far below him, first round, hands down, opening minute or two just leg kicks. He looked like a poor mans Diaz in his body language. Then Cote clipped him, to be fair he powered through but definitely did not expect to get tagged cleanly.

Didnt really enjoy the fight as a whole, I was expecting big things from Josh Burkman.

Maybe he was trying too hard to become relevant. It's a way of living anyway. People are trying to get more money, sustain their families etc. McGregor, Chael etc. are bad examples that some fighters are following.

I talked to Burkman, he said he will pass on the crow since he already ate his fill of a couple massive right hands.

Back