Costas Philippou Vs Top 5

esalmighty

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If Costas (and if spell check keeps typing Cosco im leaving it) wins this next fight, would you like to see him fight a top 5 opponent for a potential contender eliminator?

Seeing how the title is tied up right now, we need someone to be hyped up for a title fight. Lets see who we have and it honestly, probably a nice top 10 with name recognition would work too.

Henderson vs Belfort Winner
(This one doesn't interest me much but Belfort keeps winning and it's hard to not make Belfort #1 contender after the whole Weidman vs Anderson fight)

After looking at the top 10, I'm surprised most don't have a fight booked (correction: apparently Bisping Vs Munoz is happening)

Costas vs Munoz- I think this would be great for both fighters, they both beat Boetsch and a win from either would prove they are ready.

Costas vs Jacare- I actually like the idea of Jacare facing winner of Anderson vs Weidman next. So this fight would kinda mess that up, but I think if Jacare is champion material he shouldn't worry.

Costas vs Bisping- To me this would be more beneficial for both, if Costas win he gets a nice name win and then maybe his next fight could be for a #1 contender fight. If Bisping wins he proves he still belongs on the top and then build his self to another title contender spot.

Who do you want Costas (if) he wins next fight?

My answer would have to be Munoz. (Then I found out Bisping Vs Munoz is happening)

So instead perhaps a fight with Jacare, the one that should have happen.

Wasn't Boetsch ranked in the top 5 when Costa beat him?

I think he gets beat by all those guys.

I have him fringe top 10.

As a huge supporter of Gegard Mousasi, I'd like to see him get Costa or Bisping for his 1st fight back at 185 coming off re-tearing his acl.If count and costa both win their upcoming fights then they'll both be top 5( costa maybe 6-7) so a solid win by saucy will get him close to title shot at mw..

I would like to see him get someone in the top 5 just to see what he can do but I don't really think he can beat anyone in the top 10 going by the UFC FR besides Tim Boetsch (which he already beat) and maybe Yushin Okami. That's not even counting Mousasi, Machida and Evans if they all commit to MW.

He loses to all of them.

Weidman would sub him. Anderson would tko him. Belfort too. Bisping and Munoz via UD. But he probably has a punchers chance against all of them. We will see how his TDD is tomorrow.

Isn't he a training partner of weidman? No need to rush it then, although id like to see him fight a top 5-8 guy

Back