Costa will destroy Vettori

Costa is done. Fighters who have that much ego never recover from embarrassing losses like that.

Costa is a pretty legit black belt. Plus, his wrestling looked good in the brief exchanges with Romero. I agree about the jabs, but I don't have faith in Vettori's gameplanning after the Izzy fight.

Yea a few people have asked why Yoel didn’t wrestle. The reason is that every time they engaged Costa shucked him off rather impressively.

Idk brother, looked pretty decent on the back foot against Hermansson, which is one of his most recent performances. I think he'll be fine. Not saying it's an easy fight, but I favor Marvin 70-30, possibly even 80-20 based on the styles match up and previously mentioned outside factors.

Interesting prediction. We’ll see what happens of course but 70-80% is really interesting against a guy as difficult to deal with as Costa.

My view has been that Marvin is rock solid but basic and pretty low on octagon IQ. We haven’t seen him tested against Whittaker, or even against Till, Gastelum, Brunson, Canon,

Perhaps I’m underestimating him though. Will be an interesting fight.

Thanks. I just want to this costa again. He badly underperformed against Izzy. That said, Vettori has the chin to take what Costa hands out.
Edit: I'm still made Yoel got cut. WTF. I would still watch the hell out of his fights. Fuck the ufc.

I reckon Yoel popped and cut a deal to be let go without releasing the results. Hence barely a word of protest out of him. Dana no like he too expensive and way to much of a wildcard to ever to exactly what the UFC wants.

Idk brother, looked pretty decent on the back foot against Hermansson, which is one of his most recent performances. I think he'll be fine. Not saying it's an easy fight, but I favor Marvin 70-30, possibly even 80-20 based on the styles match up and previously mentioned outside factors.
I'll rewatch the Hermansson fight, I'll pay attention to the backfoot striking and footwork.

I think this is one of those fights where whoever wins will do it decisively. If Costa can pressure him he will make it look relatively easy. If he can't, Vettori will make him look stupid.

Even Israel gave Marvin's coach props for his improvement to his striking defense. Sitting pretty right now at 63%.

Strong jabs, crosses & wrestling + grappling. With good cardio. Never been finished!

The only thing I'd be worried about is Costa cheats like a motherfucker, not just with the massive juicing and IV use.

Uriah was piecing him up with the jab alone. Then Costa kicked him in the nuts twice and eye gouged him to slow him down a ton.

Vettori had his momentum stopped a few times from a nut shot and eye fingered in the title fight.

Even that said Vettori has a much stronger will than Uriah or Costa. Vettori is also a much bigger guy than Romero. Should help his wrestling a ton.

Then have a new shot for the title

And this time he will run through the SKINNY CLAW ADESANYA

He will make him PAY

No more wine this time

Paulo bless

Is this fight happening???

Costa vs Vettori sounds like a great main event

He may beat Vettori, wouldn't be shocked either way.

But he has no chance of getting the belt

Back