Costa vs Romero was an easy fight to score with an obvious winner, yet people still complain?

histrionics

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When people are defending Yoel's 1-3 record in his last 4, they're always talking nonsense like saying he arguably won every decision he lost and blah blah.

He didn't even come close to beating Costa

Paulo clearly won the first 2 rounds, and even arguably won the third. They both landed a similar amount of damaging shots but Costa reversed his takedown attempt at the end of the round. Best case is 29-28 Costa, probably more like a 30-27.

Also don't forget the vicious eye poke that Costa was the victim of in the 3rd rd

Regardless of who you think won, a 30-27 in either direction is ridiculous.

Regardless of who you think won, a 30-27 in either direction is ridiculous.
Not at all

They both damaged each other in the 3rd rd, but Costa landed the cleanest shot (the head kick that almost took Yoel's head off), plus he won the grappling exchanges.

Any scorecard that had Yoel winning is that of a drooling fanboy's, but 30-27 Costa is perfectly reasonable.

Can’t comment. I couldn’t concentrate on the fight because I was furiously wanking.

Costa is a habitual nut kicker.

Costa is a habitual nut kicker.
Fake groin shot. Yoel took a 5 min break after this because he couldn't deal with Costa's pressure

giphy.gif

But Yoel shoved his fingers into Paulo's eye and the ref gave him like 20 seconds to recover.

Romero is a cheater and would've been knocked the fuck out if he didn't fake the nut shot

It only seems clear to you TS because a bunch of people in this echo chamber of a forum have hard ons for Costa. A decision either way is fine.

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 2.19.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 4.00.26 AM.png

Last edited:
Wait you're complaining bc the person you though should win won? Wtf?

Whittaker DESTROYED yoely twice and the saltiest fan base on this forums history cant take it lol. Hilarious that sherdogs little darling gets a good judges decision for once.

When people are defending Yoel's 1-3 record in his last 4, they're always talking nonsense like saying he arguably won every decision he lost and blah blah.

Paulo clearly won the first 2 rounds, and even arguably won the third. They both landed a similar amount of damaging shots but Costa reversed his takedown attempt at the end of the round. Best case is 29-28 Costa, probably more like a 30-27.

Also don't forget the vicious eye poke that Costa was the victim of in the 3rd rd
well lets not forgay all the gay sherbros who think romero beat whittaker in the second fight. just too funny....

Yeah, it was a clear 2 rounds to 1 for Costa imo but it was still a close and competitive fight.

Watching the fight I commented to my brothers (also long time hardcore fans) within the first minute Yoel looked weird though, he looked gassed and uninterested before the first strike was even thrown.

His performance was uncharacteristic but who knows, maybe that was because he didn't know how to approach Costa and after getting hurt early was just in reflex mode the rest of the way.

Have to agree here

Based on the shitty scoring system Costa easily won 29-28

Real result (superior Pride scoring) was a draw

I was going for Costa BTW

Fake groin shot. Yoel took a 5 min break after this because he couldn't deal with Costa's pressure

giphy.gif

But Yoel shoved his fingers into Paulo's eye and the ref gave him like 20 seconds to recover.

Romero is a cheater and would've been knocked the fuck out if he didn't fake the nut shot

Costa hit Uriah Hall in the nuts twice.

According to the new scoring system it coulda gone 30-27 Romero if u wanted it to. Sounds stupid, and I agree, but it's true.

I think Costa won 29-28, but I'm just sayin

It was a very close fight. Literally all of Yoel's last three Ls have been extremely close, and he's fought literally the best guys in the division at the time.

You sound like a Yoel hater.

Romero should be 3-1 in his last 4.

get over it ts ya goof.

Romero is the people champ, that's all that matters! I had it 2-1 Costa but rd 2 was a swing rd so really could have gone either way.

Whittaker DESTROYED yoely twice and the saltiest fan base on this forums history cant take it lol. Hilarious that sherdogs little darling gets a good judges decision for once.

If Whittaker DESTROYED Yoel, in that second fight, you can't deny that Whittaker got DESTROYED himself. I know my table had it scored for Yoel... by UD. (Just like I'm sure all 3 dog judges did. ;)) And, even if our opinions weren't near as significant, as the officials, they were every bit as knowledgeable.
Yoel was in the right place, at the right time, for a TS... And I know I wont complain because he's a proven grinder and his next fight could very well be a war too. (Just like every fight he's lost in the UFC. :D)

Back