Costa says his leg was ‘totally impaired’ for Adesanya fight: ‘I should have postponed it’

he might had a chance with a blitz

otherwise sour grapes

Why haven't fighters learned that excuses never help and only alienate fans?

Got to respect fighters like Shogun, Rumble, Silva....guys who lose with dignity and keep their mouths shut.
I think he's referring to it's being impaired *after* the fight ;)

I hope Costa comes back strong but he's taking this loss like Ronda Rousey.
I think it's more like Joanna Jędrzejczyk. She's never taken a lose and learned from it. Even when she got knocked out by Rose she still was talking shit. Not to mention even when she loses she still says she should fight for the title after every fight

Just shut up, get another fight and win it. Maybe?

that's all he can do at this point. look at whitaker...he was ko'd stiff in one round...now he's back, ready to fight for the title again....1 or 2 wins, and he's right back there again.

This is mandatory for every Costa thread
Animation1.gif

I’m a fan of Just Natty and his pressure take one to deliver one style

BUT

He’s really lacking self awareness of how bad he’s making himself look with all his social media posts as of late.

Should’ve just given props to Adesanya, said he had a bad performance and will be back stronger... all the extracurricular BS sounds like desperate excuses to come to terms with the fact that he was totally dismantled and beaten. I’m not a fan of this sniveling, he sounds like Johnny Hendricks

Why haven't fighters learned that excuses never help and only alienate fans?

Got to respect fighters like Shogun, Rumble, Silva....guys who lose with dignity and keep their mouths shut.
What if you fight with an injury, thinking you will do fine. During the fight, you feel for instance ur knee is hurting hard and you can't fight your fight. You lose and everyone calls you an overhyped nobody. In that case you can shut up and accept the bashing, or you tell the truth and hope for the best. People will always say you are just making excuses, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.

Oh and I was sleepy (I did not sleep like a baby just acted like one). Don't forget about that Costa.

What’s up with Brazilian fighters an excuses? Shit never ends.

Nobody takes that win seriously because Costa clearly wasnt himself and didnt even try.

This is some Tito level excuse making.

Wtf? No big book of excuses?

The fight already got postponed once because Costa was injured, imagine if it got postponed AGAIN for the same shit.
So not only is he a whiner/full of excuses but hes injury prone too..

Back