Costa Mesa/AOJ

Bunkai

White Belt
Reaction score
Wanting to move out to costa mesa and train at AOJ for 6 months.
ill need to rent an apartment, anybody who lives in the area or trains at aoj could give some tips, advice or help i would appreciate it. im coming from canada so not sure where to l start looking for apartments.

Last edited:
Craigslist or AirBnB. And don't live in Santa Ana even though it's close LOL. And you will for sure need a car to get around in Orange County.

Craigslist or AirBnB. And don't live in Santa Ana even though it's close LOL. And you will for sure need a car to get around in Orange County.

as close to the academy as possible. what are some surrounding ares within a sort drive to consider.

thanks ill google, airbnb now.

craigslist only has very pricey listings, a bachelor or small one bedroom is all i need. what can i expect to pay in rent. the place is just to sleep.

Santa Ana is fine, it's not bad at all. People act like it is Juarez. It's the poorest area of the OC (which is not saying much).

Santa Ana is fine, it's not bad at all. People act like it is Juarez. It's the poorest area of the OC (which is not saying much).

id like to pay a max of $1000 rent for a month.. is that possible? where and what would that get me?

id like to pay a max of $1000 rent for a month.. is that possible? where and what would that get me?

That will get you either Oklahoma or a roommate.

I'd say the cheapest you'll find a studio for within a mile would be like 1200

well it depends on where in santa ana.

well it depends on where in santa ana.

can anyone think of alternatives to an apartment? $1200 is a lot of money to just sleep. havent found any and im guessing there are no hostels in OC.

could use some advice, dont know where to start looking.

can anyone think of alternatives to an apartment? $1200 is a lot of money to just sleep. havent found any and im guessing there are no hostels in OC.

could use some advice, dont know where to start looking.

Ehh clean place for $1000? Riverside, CA which is far.

You'd need a roomy.

Edit:
If it's just you alone find a hotel.

Costa Mesa Motor Inn about 1000 a month with all utilities included and a laundry room.

i had some (2) teammates stay in costa mesa when they were training at aoj for a month or so before worlds.. i think they each paid just over 1000 for somewhere within walking distance of aoj, through airbnb. that's probably your best bet, maybe look for someone who'd want to do the same as you, or be prepared to spend more than you originally wanted.

Ehh clean place for $1000? Riverside, CA which is far.

You'd need a roomy.

Edit:
If it's just you alone find a hotel.

Costa Mesa Motor Inn about 1000 a month with all utilities included and a laundry room.
Drug addicts included!

need a safe and clean place as my family will be accompanying me.

Wanting to move out to costa mesa and train at AOJ for 6 months.
ill need to rent an apartment, anybody who lives in the area or trains at aoj could give some tips, advice or help i would appreciate it. im coming from canada so not sure where to l start looking for apartments.

just search craigslist newport beach. anywhere in that area will be really close to AOJ. when i lived in newport i stayed at coronado apartments, it was a nice complex. paid 950 to split a 2 bedroom with a roommate. and it's literally 4 minutes walking distance from AOJ

but if you want your own place for 1000 you'll have to look at places far away from that area lol

Hey, Thanks for the help.

broke and budget are 2 different things.
im trying to find a suitable place as my family will be along for the journey and i have a $ amount I'd like to spend. I'm sure I'll have to come up from $1000 slightly, I'm in canada so rent prices are very different.

I was just offering help but you gave a lame response like "Drug addicts included"

Beggars cannot be choosers. Based on experience, in So. Cal you're not gonna get a 6 month lease at that price unless you move away from the beaches. I used to live in So. Cal for 15 years.

I understand I live in Idaho currently and pay $1000 a month(mortgage) for a 4 bedroom home with huge backyard and garage in a lovely neighborhood.

I was just offering help but you gave a lame response like "Drug addicts included"

Beggars cannot be choosers. Based on experience, in So. Cal you're not gonna get a 6 month lease at that price unless you move away from the beaches. I used to live in So. Cal for 15 years.

I understand I live in Idaho currently and pay $1000 a month for a 4 bedroom home with huge backyard and garage in a lovely neighborhood.

Cool, so lets say I want to be 30 minutes from AOJ. safe, clean neighborhood and price are my interests, where should I look?

That area is just going to cost a lot - thats why they put a school there.
Good luck if you pull it off man will be a cool 6 months to go on that kind of adventure.
Maybe find a trailer hookup near the beach or see if camping is available for a portion of the time to cut costs.

Cool, so lets say I want to be 30 minutes from AOJ. safe, clean neighborhood and price are my interests, where should I look?

I'd say riverside is your best bet $1200-1400 a month for the nicer apartments which is roughly 45 minutes away. Closer to an hour and a half during peak times.

Then Anaheim which is closer.

I'd avoid Santa Ana.

Then again it may just be cheaper to get an apartment in Costa mesa for $2000 than waste your time and gas.

Have you been to So Cal before? Freeways are much different than Canada.

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/search/apa?sort=date&query=riverside

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back