Costa fans, how does he get it done this weekend..

Romero is a notoriously slow starter, costa is a wild berserker from the opening bell. It's pretty obvious what his path is. Blitz the fuck out of yoel from jump street. Rarely anyone does that to him.
Obviously yoel nearly always finds a way to find that brutal kill shot and he probably will.

Costa will win in round 1 early if he is going to.

Costa has a puncher's chance and we're all rooting for it

Romero is a notoriously slow starter, costa is a wild berserker from the opening bell. It's pretty obvious what his path is. Blitz the fuck out of yoel from jump street. Rarely anyone does that to him.
Obviously yoel nearly always finds a way to find that brutal kill shot and he probably will.

Costa will win in round 1 early if he is going to.
Yeah except Romero will take him down if he pressures too hard. As a matter of fact everyone is talking about strikes but i see Romero being smarter in this fight and using his wrestling.

He gets it done overwhelming romero until he taps or judges stop it
He loses by getting tagged hard
Ppl sleeping on Costa here. Imo he will win it and it wont look hard
I'm gonna remind you you said this tomorrow. that is if father time hasn't fucked romero in the ass.

I have this feeling that this fight could be the beginning of the end for Romero. The dude is 42, got into a lot of war. I think Costa is exactly the type of fighter who could one punch ko him about 2 min into round 1, juste because he's 20 years younger and hungry as hell, like Tyrone one punch ko'ed Lawler who was a top 5 welterweight, and has never been the same since (welterweight being the cringiest division ever since Tyrone became champ btw).

Prime Romero was pretty much stopped by Tim Kennedy of all people.
I fancy Costa to embarrass Yoel.

Jacare/Yoel rematch then is the only fight for both of them next

Paulo has youth on his side and slings heavy leather. His kickboxing style is very basic but he’s such a wrecking ball.

If they go to to toe I feel like Costa will be the one marching forward and throwing bombs with his punches impacting harder.

Heart says Yoel, but my head says Costa.

Costa has to use his wrestling. Yoel has bad takedown defense so that is his best bet.

Cormier beats Stipe.
Nate beats Pettis.
Costa beats Romero.

It'll go down like this, lads.

Cormier beats Stipe.
Nate beats Pettis.
Costa beats Romero.

It'll go down like this, lads.

Let's see.

1. Casual pick
2. Casual Pick
3. Casual Pick

DC got a lucky fluke shot, Nate hasn't won a fight in years, Yoel is just better and has more experience.

Costa has to use his wrestling. Yoel has bad takedown defense so that is his best bet.
tenor.gif

It will probably be like every Romero fight, first 2 rounds Romero is just bouncing around but barely throwing anything, looks to be getting tired. Then 3rd round comes and BOOM he just explodes out of nowhere with some crazy killer punch and drops Costa hard and either finishes him or wins a 10-8 round, so the judges have a hard time scoring it and ends in a split decision.

Isnt romero made of steel?

Both whittaker and rockhold have mentioned how it felt hitting Romero and it makes it difficult for me to believe costa will be able to bully him and land big shots through his guard until he crumbles.

Isnt romero made of steel?

Both whittaker and rockhold have mentioned how it felt hitting Romero and it makes it difficult for me to believe costa will be able to bully him and land big shots through his guard until he crumbles.

Rockhold isn't a puncher, Robert has very good boxing and good power but I don't think he's as powerful as Costa. I am not a picking a winner here but I haven't seen a fighter at MW that wrecks like Costa with his power and combos. If Costa gets Romero against the cage and unloads connecting with his power....Romero will crumble and go down.

That's if Costa can put him in that position. Yoel is so good at maintaining distance and avoiding those positions, very slick.

Back