Cosmopolitan cover girl!

cosmo.jpg

october-2018-main-print-1535466784.jpg

https://www.indy100.com/article/tes...del-cosmo-cover-proud-body-positivity-8513221

I think she is really brave.

Seriously though, how is it a positive messege? I feel that addiction to food seems to be similar to drug addictions and I fail to see how normalising or accepting is a positive messege to the youth.

Like if a kid is a smoker or fat and they see a smoker or a fat person being celebrated on cosmo the kid could then feel a bit better about their behaviour. How is that a positive thing?

I find myself genuinely at odds with this reality and genuinely cannot discern the rational. I know this is the wrong place to ask (high five) but does anyone have a window into this and can elucidate?

I think part of the problem Phlog is that the fashion industry is not really serious about body image, it basically wants to stick with its ultra thin models so "plus size" gets pushed as greatly overweight to make sure those models aren't a threat to the typical stick insects. The result is you don't get much representation of relatively realistic women who are carrying a bit of fat but not unhealthily so, maybe the odd celeb.

Liberals are fucking weird sometimes...

I mean, you got the Sugar Tax shit instigated in Berkeley and now passed in several Democrat controlled cities... In the Interest of Decreasing Obesity...

Yet, they're the first ones to be outraged if someone tries to claim that it's not good to be fat like this... Anyone see the problem here?

I tend to be Libertarian. If someone wants to eat/drink like shit and be fat/unhealthy. Then fucking let them do it. Just don't be surprised when the opposite sex finds you unattractive and you suffer from multiple health issues... and don't expect other people to pay for your indulgences.

giphy.gif

This is not even a thicc or plus-sized model. This is just a morbidly obese mess

Might as well promote doing heroin and smoking meth, while we're on the road to celebrating terrible life choices.

I'm all for slightly bigger girls, but this is promoting morbid obesity as something other than disgusting and dangerous.

This ^

Its one thing to carry a little fat , not everyone can or needs to be waif thin . That chick is firmly in the " I compulsively shove ungodly amount of unhealthy food down my gullet and get no exercise" camp .

VY Canis Majoris would even struggle to give her a tan.

Oh my. That creature must weigh about 400lbs!
Honestly, this is horrible. Is this what they call body-positive movement now? This movement must be banned ASAP. I am not against a healthy chub, but this... To avoid swearing I'll just say this girl has a SEVERE medical condition and if she wants to live another 20 years she must get treatment ASAP

Last edited:
She should probably hire her haters to wipe her ass

i'm astonished they haven't made the next leap and just suggest that anorexics and bulemics continue to throw up or not eat, just feed into those delusions like they do w/ the obese, trans, bodybuilder synthol weirdos, etc.....

also which one is it, fatness is OK or we need to ban sugary drinks for kids....pick one, you can't have both and be taken seriously

Oh my. That creature must weigh about 400lbs!
Honestly, this is horrible. Is this what they call body-positive movement now? This movement must be banned ASAP. I am not against a healthy chub, but this... To avoid swearing I'll just say this girl has a SEVERE medical condition and if she wants to live another 20 years she must get treatment ASAP

I mean I don't think people should be personally mocked for being that overweight as that arguably just makes the situation worse as lack of confidence is often the underlying problem. Equally though I think you need to acknowledge its not a body to aspire to have either.

Again I think part of the issue is that the media really doesn't want to change its beauty standards, it becomes like a group of good looking women with a "fat friend" trying to make themselves look less superficial whilst still clearly being so.

I mean I don't think people should be personally mocked for being that overweight as that arguably just makes the situation worse as lack of confidence is often the underlying problem. Equally though I think you need to acknowledge its not a body to aspire to have either.

Again I think part of the issue is that the media really doesn't want to change its beauty standards, it becomes like a group of good looking women with a "fat friend" trying to make themselves look less superficial whilst still clearly being so.
This should be viewed like a disease, because it is. No mockery, but go and treat it!

Bitch is so fat, that when she eats, she eats a lot.

Makes Vogue putting Stormy Daniels on their cover look bush league

Clicked to see some hot girl

She probably eated her

Back