Cory went to the well too much with that spinning sh*t and giving up his back

taugrim

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
DC called it during the fight. Cory was trying too much spinning stuff. And when he missed, he didn't get his hips square before he gave up back control. By comparison, the jump knee seems less risky in terms of getting out of position because he's still facing his opponent.

I had it Sandhagen 2, 4, 5, but regardless the fight was close due to that control time against the fence with TJ behind him.

Hopefully Cory learned that he can't be so sloppy against a tough competitor who won't quit. He'll need to post at least 2 wins to get back into title contention.

I'm bummed because Cory is very talented and showed he can go 5 rounds and has a good chin. He just needs to fight smart. Izzy is a good comparable for Cory. Izzy is surgical, calculated.

Sand did show low fight iq. But tj also literally did nothing while getting battered and getting his knee blown. Standing sand busted his eye and nose. On the ground tj did nothing. Sand busted tjs knee off his back on the ground. Sand literally did more damage in every aspect of the fight. Standing and on ground. But holding on for dear life against the cage doing no damage is what wins fights these days.

He should’ve never did those things that resulted in 0 damage to him.

I think those big lanky guys in the lower weight class are always at a big disadvantage when it comes to grappling with elite stocky wrestlers. TJ isn't the only one who can give him problems, he wont have the ability to win decisions against guys that want to shoot on him and push him against the fence. I think he's too damn tall to be fighting at 135. Still he's impressive no doubt.

He landed some good ones and was taken down a couple of times.

it’s pretty much par for the course it’s devastating or not.

Back