Opinion Coronavirus vaccine: Germany & EU failing their citizens. US not.

European Union (vaccination per 100 people as of January 27, 2021)

Malta 4.29
Denmark 3.68
Spain 3.00
Italy 3.00
Ireland 2.89
Slovenia 2.78
Romania 2.72
Portugal 2.56
Lithuania 2.43
Finland 2.12
Austria 2.1
Poland 2.05
Estonia 2.05
Croatia 2.01
Germany 2.00
France 2.00
Cyprus 1.98
Czech Republic 1.94
Slovakia 1.88
Sweden 1.87
Belgium 1.86
Greece 1.83
Hungary 1.66
Luxembourg 1.39
Latvia 1.03
Netherlands 1.01
Bulgaria 0.39

Take your rushed vaccine sheep, there's nothing to worry about...

Are you an anti-vaxer conspiracy theorist?

Anyway, I'd take it if I had the chance for sure. Companies will/should fire morons who don't take it and will not bring them back into the office.

Side note: i think the roll out should go to work force people to bring the economy back, not useless people and those sucking welfare like the governments want to do IMO.

Are you an anti-vaxer conspiracy theorist?

Anyway, I'd take it if I had the chance for sure. Companies will/should fire morons who don't take it and will not bring them back into the office.

Side note: i think the roll out should go to work force people to bring the economy back, not useless people and those sucking welfare like the governments want to do IMO.

You kidding?

My aunt runs a care home - a fucking CARE HOME - and 14 out of 16 of her employees have refused the vaccine. None of them have been fired. She wants to, I think, but she can't. And that's a care home. Good luck having some insurance company mandating vaccines for call centre staff. It's not gonna be anywhere near as easy as some think.

Taiwan has approached Germany and is asking for help with vaccine supplies. In turn, they are offering chips for the car industry.

Taiwan has approached Germany and is asking for help with vaccine supplies. In turn, they are offering chips for the car industry.

No bueno, BioNTech already sold the manufacturing and distribution right to the Taiwanese market to a Chinese company.

Last edited:

What will happen is Taiwan will have to buy German-made BioNTech doses through that Chinese middleman, just like Hong Kong does, and they desperately need the Germans to be the face of the deal in order to assure their people that it's not tainted by the CCP.

Hong Kong is doing the same thing by playing up the "German vaccine" angle, and while the first 100 Million doses delivered to China are in fact German-made, BioNTech's region-exclusive manufacturing/distribution contract with China's Forsun Pharma means eventually all the doses for the "Greater China region" will be Made in China as soon as those Chinese factories are up and running.

That means if those contracts aren't made soon, not only that Taiwan have to buy BioNTech vaccines from the Chinese, but also made by the Chinese, and that's a hard no for Taiwanese consumers ever since the 2008 scandal when 250,000 doses of tainted Chinese vaccines with fake paperworks were knowingly used on Chinese children.

Last edited:
What will happen is Taiwan will have to buy German-made doses through that Chinese middleman, just like Hong Kong does, and they desperately need the Germans to be the face of the deal in order to pursuade their people that it's not "tainted by the CCP".

Hong Kong is doing the same thing by playing up the "German vaccine" angle, though BioNTech's contract with Forsun Pharma means eventually the doses for the "Greater China region" will be Made in China as soon as those factories are up and running.

You mean Germany needs to be the middleman?

The Chinese company might find itself under pressure not to sell to Taiwan?

You mean Germany needs to be the middleman?

Taiwan is trying to test out the water to see if they can bypass Forsun Pharma and work out a deal directly with BioNTech when Germany came to them asking for TSMC chips for German cars, but I think the best Taiwan could get out of this is a guarantee of German-made supply and a German mascot for the Taiwanese press conferences, and right now a German representative can still pull a lot of weight in providing some credibility for the BioNTech doses that Forsun hold distribution rights to.

If a deal is sorted out before the Chinese factory are up, the doses are shipped from Germany to China before reaching Taiwan, but Germany will be the face of the campaign as the vaccine's manufacturer, there's still a nice "Made in Germany" label on every box, and the Taiwanese government can play up Germany's presence without ever mentioning the Chinese middle man who does the overseas distribution, just like Hong Kong never mentioned Forsun Pharma in their announcement about procuring BioNTech vaccines a few weeks ago.

If nothing materializes before the Chinese factory are up, the doses for the "Greater China region" will all soon be made in China, by that time a German representative is useless with a "Made in China" label sticked on every BioNTech vial, and Taiwan would probably get something else if they can't get a German-made supply.

The Chinese company might find itself under pressure not to sell to Taiwan?

China would RELISH on the fact that a Chinese company holds the right to dustribute BioNTech vaccine for Taiwan. They gets to play the role of the Motherland taking care of her wayward son, and they will be damn sure to rubs it in Taiwan's face.

BioNTech's contract with Forsun Pharma as the exclusive distributor for the "Greater China region" is pretty clear cut. A guarantee from Germany that all BioNTech vaccine doses distributed to Taiwan by Forsun Pharma will be made in Germany (plus a German mascot) is the best they could possibly get.

As for the chips-for-vaccine offer, that's complicated as hell because neither the chips nor vaccines are made by the government involved, and they can't just take Forsun out of the equation, so I don't think it will go anywhere.

For that trade to work, the Taiwanese government will have to buy the chips from TSMC, sell them to the German government, who buy the chips on behalf of the German car industry, who then pay Taiwan, who would pay Forsun, who would pay BioNTech for the vaccine. :confused:

My prediction: nothing will come out of that, Taiwan probably will ends up getting some made-in-Germany BioNTech vaccine through Forsun, or getting something else. Time is on their side though since they have very few cases, so they can afford to wait for other options, even the vaccines that are just wrapping up their Phase 3 trials now.

Last edited:
Eu-AstraZeneca contract "crystal-clear": Von der Leyen
The European Union’s contract with AstraZeneca for its Covid-19 vaccine contains binding orders, EU Commission president Ursula von der Leyen said on Friday, demanding a plausible explanation from the drugmaker for delivery hold-ups.

Von der Leyen told Deutschlandfunk radio the best-effort delivery cause in the contract was only valid as long as it was not clear whether AstraZeneca could develop a vaccine.

She said the contract contained very clear delivery amounts for December and the first three quarters of 2021, and also mentioned four production sites, two of which are in Britain.

“There are binding orders and the contract is crystal clear,” she said.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...variant-but-less-so-against-south-african-one

AstraZeneca may have to renegotiate vaccine contracts, say experts
Company may be in danger of breaching contracts to supply EU due to production problem

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...egotiate-covid-vaccine-contracts-warn-experts

“AstraZeneca has also explicitly assured us in this contract that no other obligations would prevent the contract from being fulfilled.”
- Ursula von der Leyen

Get your popcorn ready

Gonna get the Pfizer vaccine next week, wish me luck bros and let's hope the aborted baby DNA in the vaccine doesn't kill me and

“AstraZeneca has also explicitly assured us in this contract that no other obligations would prevent the contract from being fulfilled.”
- Ursula von der Leyen

Get your popcorn ready

Yep , it would seem a full on shit show is developng over the whole vaccine issue and the published parts of contract do contain some pretty woolly sounding phrases along with 'best reasonable effort' on the initial doses and then theres 'consider in good faith' on any additional doses .

Last edited:
- Ursula von der Leyen

Get your popcorn ready

Should have got it in writing.

The EU leadership has embarrassed themselves with this vaccine procurement, but good on them for finally trying to put their weight behind their actions to try to protect their people. People will forgive them if they cause businesses to bend to help out their denizens. Isn't the collective buying and political power of the EU supposed to be the benefit of the whole thing? If not, go the way of UK and control your own destiny.

Should have got it in writing.

The EU leadership has embarrassed themselves with this vaccine procurement, but good on them for finally trying to put their weight behind their actions to try to protect their people. People will forgive them if they cause businesses to bend to help out their denizens. Isn't the collective buying and political power of the EU supposed to be the benefit of the whole thing? If not, go the way of UK and control your own destiny.
They don't want to protect the people. From what I know, not a single country tried to keep the virus out. Not one. All they did was pretty much say "For the sake of economy people will die." and that was that. Now businesses and people are suffering.

- Ursula von der Leyen

Get your popcorn ready
End result will be that AZT will look like scrouge and the EU will look dumb

Seems like Moderna is now also reducing their deliveries. Mayor of Hamburg complaining that they cannot plan vaccinations as the federal chancellery told him about planned reductions.

Years from now, Operation Warp Speed will be Trump's lasting legacy, with his role in pushing out the COVID vaccines in record speed against all the doubters, politicians and anti-vaxxers alike. This resounding success is not just for the United States, but for the world as well.

There's certainly some luck involved ofcourse, as America is going 2-for-2 on the scoreboard with their 95%-effective vaccines. Had the American vaccines failed spectacularly the way the Australian and French vaccines did after he poured billions of American taxpayers' money into their development and early purchase orders, then we'll never hear the end of it, like how Obama is still getting ragged on for investing a truckload of public money into all those solar companies before they went bankrupt.

Lastly, putting an 4-Star Army General with decades of experience in handling global logistics for our Armed Forces in charge of this nation-wide vaccine distribution program instead of a bureaucrat is a damn fine decision. You got all the discipline, and none of the partisanship and dramas.

132707866_10103490106211277_8958029452547699525_o.jpg
I agree on that being his shining moment.

Back