1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Coronavirus not very megathread.

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by fingercuffs, Jul 17, 2021.

1. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

The unvaccinated are far more likely to develop far more serious issues.

You guys keep bringing up the % survival rate totally ignoring that if nothing had been done to mitigate the spread, hospitals would have reached capacity very early on and we would have countless more dead because they couldn't receive treatment, not just treatment for covid-19 but treatment for non covid-19 related issues.

Ayin and Octavian like this.
  2. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

You are only saying that because of your political and ideological bias.

3. trac209 Silver Belt

No I’m saying it because I’m done giving a fuck about the obese and old. Two years is long enough…it’s a rebranded flu get over it ..

4. trac209 Silver Belt

And the young are far more likely to have a vax reaction than die of some flu…

5. Last Falconry Eastside Johnny

6. aerius Silver Belt

I have a question: When was the last time we implemented a mass vaccination campaign in the midst of a pandemic using a non-sterilizing vaccine, and what were the results?

7. FIMN Black Belt

I'm not sure. Enlighten me.

8. aerius Silver Belt

So you don't know, but you're confident that it's the right choice. Am I understanding you correctly?

genecop and trac209 like this.
  9. FIMN Black Belt

I'm not an expert to be able to casually recall the history of all pandemics and vaccination attempts no.

Am I confident in my own ability to weed through the data and scientific literature to be 100% confident? No

Am I confident that my absolute best bet to arrive at the most logical and rational conclusion is to 1) accept the things I don't know and 2) put my trust in the overall consensus of experts, medical bodies and most scientifically literate and knowledgeable that society can produce?

Yes, is the answer.

Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it.

10. PhitePhan Brown Belt

Military archbishop says Catholic troops can refuse Covid vaccines on religious grounds

“The archbishop of the U.S. military said on Tuesday that Catholic troops could refuse the mandated Covid vaccine on religious grounds.

“No one should be forced to receive a COVID-19 vaccine if it would violate the sanctity of his or her conscience,” Timothy Broglio, archbishop for the military services, said in a statement.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/military-archbishop-says-catholic-troops-214224714.html

Amen!!!

11. Octavian Beyond Platinum Member

Dude, these are little details our conspiracy weilding, angry brethren can't be bothered with. It's just too much reason and logic.

They'd rather get their health advice from Joe Rogan and take other emergency experimental treatments once they actually have COVID... duh!!!

MicroBrew likes this.
  12. Octavian Beyond Platinum Member

You might be obese and old some day.... just saying

13. trac209 Silver Belt

Oh hey there you are still terrified eh lmao …

icffedor likes this.
  14. BudKing8806 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

So an assumption. Got it

15. Octavian Beyond Platinum Member

Nah - I had rona' early on. I'm just tired of dealing with this virus as it's curtailing global commerce and everyone's social lives and mental wellbeing. If more people would just wake up to the obvious and get vaccinated, we'd be much closer to ending this. Instead a large chunk of wildly selfish and ignorant people would rather take experimental treatments once they're critically sick rather than get a vaccine. mRNA vaccines have actually been widely in development for a long, long time. This just happens to be the first major mass rollout. Some people just don't like to be told what to do and have a really childish reaction - that's on display throughout the US right now. Sad.

16. trac209 Silver Belt

You do you man I’m passing on the vax if it works you should have no issues with that.

icffedor likes this.
  17. PhitePhan Brown Belt

I've heard this claim before, but nobody has been able to show evidence of safety testing... do you have any references on the safety studies done on mRNA vaccines over the years?

18. MoparOrNoCar Silver Belt

We have had treatments since the beginning but the Government, media and big tech are censoring them. DeSantis had a good thing going in Florida but the Government took that way on the grounds of "equity".

Why haven't hospitals expanded capacity? They could have put up tents and added more beds. There are thousands unemployed nurses waiting to get hired in the field. Everyone keeps pretending like we have this certain threshold of ICU beds and there is no way to expand on that, despite this thing going on for a year and a half now.

Also if an unvaccinated person and a fat person with a heart attack are both in the waiting room and there's only one bed, who gets preferential treatment? The one who chose not to get vaccinated or the one who chose to treat their body as a garbage disposal for decades?

icffedor and trac209 like this.
  19. Mga223 Steel Belt

I also wonder this.

People say they've been around for something like 10 years?

Where are the studies of them on humans before covid?

PhitePhan likes this.
  20. PhitePhan Brown Belt

I'm pretty sure they don't exist, as almost every time I have asked for this information, the poster making the claim suddenly disappears.

<{vega}>