Coronavirus megathread do you have a pretty mask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first moved to the US two of my friends were Bills fans, and there was a Buffalo sports bar we used to go to every Sunday so it just seemed right really.

Lol nice. Thought maybe the bills were big overseas or something.

Lol nice. Thought maybe the bills were big overseas or something.
Not that I'm aware of, I don't think I even knew who they were till I moved to Virginia. Kind of proud of myself not glory hunting with Pats.

Zombies. Check

iu

Ice boxes. Check

iu
https://www.cbs17.com/news/national...-angeles-as-covid-19-crisis-deepens-in-calif/

Nothing fancy I have several that people have made for me
but would much rather wear KN95.

iu

I use disposables most of the time. I am hiding from the Virus so I don't need a lot of them.

She'd rather telework but it's tough considering she really needs to be onsite to do her job. They've changed their mind so many times since March it's absurd. She started going in one day a week, then three, then five, then back to two and now five.

It's whatever for her. She doesnt bitch too much like her co-workers do. She makes a shit ton of money and gets amazing benefits being a state worker so she doesn't rock the boat.

Ok. I just read this post and the previous one so maybe in the past your explained...
What does your wife do in a prison that she can work from home???

I've started talking to my coworkers more and I've noticed they complain a lot. I can't really relate, since I take full responsibility for failing to do better. Like, I understand they don't like some of the changes going on in the work place, and I hate the mtoo, but quit if it pisses you off that much. Or be proactive and fight it. meh.

I wonder if it's okay to get off 3 or 4 stops early after work to blaze a spliff on the way home. I've already got the letter from my job for the curfew, but curious how far it extends.

Ok. I just read this post and the previous one so maybe in the past your explained...
What does your wife do in a prison that she can work from home???

I've started talking to my coworkers more and I've noticed they complain a lot. I can't really relate, since I take full responsibility for failing to do better. Like, I understand they don't like some of the changes going on in the work place, and I hate the mtoo, but quit if it pisses you off that much. Or be proactive and fight it. meh.
She's a teacher, but they were letting them go in one day and hand out assignments and collected the previous weeks assignments. She had to go in on the days they'd GED test too.

In reality she wasn't really doing shit four days a week unless she had a zoom meeting.

Then they started doing reduced classes a few days a week.

Now she started as the college coordinater as has to go in every day

She's a teacher, but they were letting them go in one day and hand out assignments and collected the previous weeks assignments. She had to go in on the days they'd GED test too.

In reality she wasn't really doing shit four days a week unless she had a zoom meeting.

Then they started doing reduced classes a few days a week.

Now she started as the college coordinater as has to go in every day

Wow. Damn. That sounds like a pretty sweet gig. Personally, I would be a bit worried about my significant other going into a room with offenders, but I know these guys tend to be on their best behavior when they're taking classes. *I gave one myself once. They can be pretty jokey and tell some stories, but they want to leanr and improve.

Sounds like she got a good promotion. More money and more responsibility. Does she like it more ? No clue what a Coordinator does, but I guess she has to interact with colleagues more.

Wow. Damn. That sounds like a pretty sweet gig. Personally, I would be a bit worried about my significant other going into a room with offenders, but I know these guys tend to be on their best behavior when they're taking classes. *I gave one myself once. They can be pretty jokey and tell some stories, but they want to leanr and improve.

Sounds like she got a good promotion. More money and more responsibility. Does she like it more ? No clue what a Coordinator does, but I guess she has to interact with colleagues more.
She said the guys are respectful and she rarely has issues with them. She said a lot of the inmates will check another guy if they're disrespectful towards her to. She genuinely cares about them doing well and they respect her for it.

Now she's not doing direct instruction... Shes working with the coordinators from the local colleges to get the work to and from the inmates and back to the college. She helps them with any issues they have with the assignments as well. It's almost an admin/tutor position now.

She said the guys are respectful and she rarely has issues with them. She said a lot of the inmates will check another guy if they're disrespectful towards her to. She genuinely cares about them doing well and they respect her for it.

Now she's not doing direct instruction... Shes working with the coordinators from the local colleges to get the work to and from the inmates and back to the college. She helps them with any issues they have with the assignments as well. It's almost an admin/tutor position now.

Respect. People shit on prisoners and stuff, but most just have poor impulse control in certain situations and came from shit. They're still human beings, though I feel a little sorry for the guy who breaks the unwritten rule of be nice to teacher, and catchers a bad beat down for it. I wish I had a position like your wife had. It's pretty rewarding teaching to adults. I guess coordinator is the the next step.

I bet for the offender who does manage to turn his life around and "do good" that he'll remember your wife and be pretty grateful. One day you might be having lunch with an entire gang of ex cons. Could be some are even on Sherdog right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back