Coronavirus megathread do you have a pretty mask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny enough I had a spell of having blue dreads myself but short ones. I looked the pits, in hindsight!
Now I want to see that too!
I considered dreds for a while but corporate England 15 years ago wouldn't have been too happy with it so I would have lost business. I got the okay from the company I worked for but my clients may not have felt the same way.

Man! That sounds amazing. Were you part of the London club scene? I think you and I are similarly aged.
I would be doing my nut if I couldn't get to Peach at Camden Palace every Friday with it being Covid shut.

Slimenight in Angel was the main show, doors opened at 11-12 and kicked out at 7am, yeah we were elite back then, the Turtle was the Sunday comedown pub. The Dev in Camden and the Electric Ballroom were a second spot, but they were more goth and punk rather than cyber like the sluts we were!

I'm 41 now, that would have been 1998-2002 time.

That is mind blowing.

I would have NEVER in a million years pegged you for that. Never.

Ikr,

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
Turn and face the strange
Ch-ch-changes
Don't want to be a richer man,

Has been pretty much an anthem, enjoyed shocking people and making a scene. Been a hippy, punk, goth, cyber goth, skater, Metal head, fighter, now athletic Dad lifter. Getting pretty settled in my old age tho.

I'm not going to hassle him for pics, but I'm gagging to see it!

I've only got a couple and I wasn't all dressed up, was a time before camera phones. Been meaning to ask all my friends if they got any old pics of me and the Mrs from that time.

Slimenight in Angel was the main show, doors opened at 11-12 and kicked out at 7am, yeah we were elite back then, the Turtle was the Sunday comedown pub. The Dev in Camden and the Electric Ballroom were a second spot, but they were more goth and punk rather than cyber like the sluts we were!

Ikr,

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
Ch-ch-changes

Has been pretty much an anthem, enjoyed shocking people and making a scene. Been a hippy, punk, goth, cyber goth, skater, Metal head, fighter, now athletic Dad lifter. Getting pretty settled in my old age tho.

I've only got a couple and I wasn't all dressed up, was a time before camera phones. Been meaning to ask all my friends if they got any old pics of me and the Mrs from that time.

That is flippin baddassery right there! Your mrs is hot too.
It used to be Peach from 11-6, go to a caf for a cup of tea then Sunnyside Up. Go home, try and sleep then Bagley's, try and sleep again then Full Circle with Danny Rampling for the Sunday afternoon to try and come down a bit before going to work on Monday without dinner plates for pupils.
Used to love Malbu Stacey if Seb Fontaine was on. Similar sort of time as you were into it, I used to bump into your "sort" loads at various raves.

I wonder what with Covid if illegal raves are a thing again?

There are 60 different vaccines people could have taken, all lacking longitudinal data, we don't know the efficacy of all yet.

Then there is the possibility that the person is infected with a new strain that is not effected by the current round of vaccines.

That's just two ideas off the top of this dummies head, and that's assuming the policy is based on sense.

I imagine there are many more reasonable reasons for the policy that neither you or I, dummies that we obviously are, cannot think of.

So is it telling of government trust in vaccines being able to fight the strains their developed for or is it telling of your lack of imagination?

Maybe motivated reasoning rather than a lack of imagination?

Why should we have faith the vaccine doesn’t fuck us up, if there’s apparently 60 different types ?

Why should we have faith the vaccine doesn’t fuck us up, if there’s apparently 60 different types ?

I think that's probably the wrong way to look at it, but I appreciate the POV. I'd rather want evidence that any of them do cause issues before losing faith in the vaccination programs.

Its impossible to prove a negative, say that vaccines won't cause harm. But we can prove a positive, that a vaccine is harmful.

The fact that there are so many suggests it's not a leap in the dark, they're almost all based on existing techniques. Even the MRNA ones tech has been in development for 10+ years.

Most people who have had Covid-19 are protected from catching it again for at least five months, a study led by Public Health England shows.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55651518

This article suggests that having the virus doesn't provide long term immunity but a second infection shouldn't be as dangerous. This is a change from the original assumption that having it would provide years of immunity.

It provided 80% immunity and those that got it again had a milder case.

Now I want to see that too!
I considered dreds for a while but corporate England 15 years ago wouldn't have been too happy with it so I would have lost business. I got the okay from the company I worked for but my clients may not have felt the same way.

White person dreds are never neat! Some women can pull it off but it's really not easy, lots of work.

Ikr,

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
Ch-ch-changes

Please tell me you're in one of my favourite videos on the internet.

That is flippin baddassery right there! Your mrs is hot too.
It used to be Peach from 11-6, go to a caf for a cup of tea then Sunnyside Up. Go home, try and sleep then Bagley's, try and sleep again then Full Circle with Danny Rampling for the Sunday afternoon to try and come down a bit before going to work on Monday without dinner plates for pupils.
Used to love Malbu Stacey if Seb Fontaine was on. Similar sort of time as you were into it, I used to bump into your "sort" loads at various raves.

I wonder what with Covid if illegal raves are a thing again?

Yeah they are. I was invited to one not so long ago, to be honest as much as I'm busting to party I didn't fancy the concept of being in a forest freezing my tits off in December knowing that if the cops turn up, it's not just a dispersal it's a potential 10k fine this time, as well. I'm saving myself for when I can eventually escape abroad and let off some steam.

White person dreds are never neat! Some women can pull it off but it's really not easy, lots of work.

Some can, yeah. It depends, some just look like crusty hippy dreads though, which isn't my bag - I was with this Swedish girl travelling a few years back who had absolutely incredible waist-long blonde dreads. Proper awesome. But it's a rarity, in my opinion.

It provided 80% immunity and those that got it again had a milder case.

Which is what I'd expect really, for a virus of this sort.

Well, the whole point is to keep the healthcare system from being overburdened. It’s not a reward for smoking imo, it’s more like, we need to keep the hospitals clear and this might help.

Besides, they’re also being used as test rats for the fastest vaccine ever developed in human history, so here’s to them

rat-anatoly-russian-he-drinks-260nw-1498303466.jpg
lol

Kidn of an inversion.

The role of a hospitalis to care for sick patients, not keep them clear.

I read a quote yesterday from Dr Coleman in the UK saying we lost 91,000 people in the first part if 2020 because we were keeping the hospitals clear essentially not looking after sick patients ..
But thats what the media have been buzz wording about it must be correct right?

So America has the highest death toll from Corona virus in the world.

The UK once you adjust for population has a higher death rate.

That's how good our government has performed. We're number one, we're number one we're number one.

So America has the highest death toll from Corona virus in the world.

The UK once you adjust for population has a higher death rate.

That's how good our government has performed. We're number one, we're number one we're number one.

"Get. Covid. Done"

Hey! I could have pulled it off, I went from raver back to metaller pretty much overnight, and I still look the part what with piercings and tattoos (I know, Sherdog thinks women with tattoos are skanks) but I'm too old now.
Yeah they are. I was invited to one not so long ago, to be honest as much as I'm busting to party I didn't fancy the concept of being in a forest freezing my tits off in December knowing that if the cops turn up, it's not just a dispersal it's a potential 10k fine this time, as well. I'm saving myself for when I can eventually escape abroad and let off some steam.

Some can, yeah. It depends, some just look like crusty hippy dreads though, which isn't my bag - I was with this Swedish girl travelling a few years back who had absolutely incredible waist-long blonde dreads. Proper awesome. But it's a rarity, in my opinion.

Which is what I'd expect really, for a virus of this sort.
Yeah fuck that in the middle of winter. They used to be fun till the cops showed up.

Kidn of an inversion.

The role of a hospitalis to care for sick patients, not keep them clear.

I read a quote yesterday from Dr Coleman in the UK saying we lost 91,000 people in the first part if 2020 because we were keeping the hospitals clear essentially not looking after sick patients ..
But thats what the media have been buzz wording about it must be correct right?

I bet the death toll in the last 12 months for other untreated illnesses due to all of this lockdown bullshit is much higher than any Covid-19 death count. Of course you would never find any statistic or chart about it.

Just saw on the GMA ticker that 1 in 3 people in LA County have tested positive. Wonder if that's real, I know it's pretty fucked down there.
8 members of congress have got Covid since the Capitol siege last week.

I bet the death toll in the last 12 months for other untreated illnesses due to all of this lockdown bullshit is much higher than any Covid-19 death count. Of course you would never find any statistic or chart about it.
If you find a way to alleviate the current burden on the healthcare system, don't keep it to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back